5.7 hemi custom 545 transmission mount question ??

-

dartman 440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hello all , when making the 545 trans mount and you have the frame rails level and the jack under the tail section , is there a certain degrees the trans should be tilting (front to back )that we are looking for so as to make sure the trans is not pointed upward or do we just go with parallel to the frame ? please let me know what you guys think , thanks ed aka dartman 440

Google - Pinion angle. You want your rear axle pointing up a few degree's and the trans down the same amount. Mine is 3* which is standard.

Riddler

hows the build going on your end ? health issues making it slow on this end. the intake and cover worked out great , thanks again ed

When setting the trans @ 3° down and the diff @ 3° up, does the car have to be level?
I was thinking the car should be level from the front sub frame to the rear sub frame?
I have a nice frame jig to use.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20151115_145857.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 176
i was reading a chassis book and it said to have the established the rake of the finished vehicle, so if the cars rocker was going to be parallel to the road you would be fine , but if you added ss springs would this change everything or just the rear degrees ????? can anybody elaborate on this ???? thanks ed

-
Back