5.7 Hemi install

-

greenmonsta79

Reaction score
Guy's I have my reservations about the bottom ends on the 5.7's but after coming across a smoking deal I picked up a complete 2005 5.7 from starter to A/C compressor, wiring harness, PCM, 545RFE guy bought it off Ebay back in November 2009 for $3750 and I just bought it today for $1100.00 I am installing it into a 69 Charger Daytona clone, I am a member over on B bodies only aand they said this was the place to ask what I need to do, it came out of a 2005 Rumblebee, I know the trans tunnel needs modified along with the torsion bar crossmember for the 5 speed A/T, I really don't plan on modifying the engine the way I take it I have to have to have a standalone wiring if I put a bigger cam in it. Any help appreciated!!!:D

The 05 computer is what you want and is easily programmed with a diablo predator or the new intune, so cam that bad baby. Since your putting this into a b body, check my thread on fbbo, late model hemi into early b bodies, might give ya some info on the tunnel mods. Get a wiring harness from hotwireauto.com and you will need to hook up about 7 wires and fire it up.

I'm sure others will chime in and give more info, and ask if ya need to know something, thats what we all here for.

5.7 Thanks!! I know I want to get rid of as much stuff not needed such as EGR and I don't have A/C so I need the delete bracket and I am not going to run P/S I bought a set of TTI B body mounts and have a Milodon Oil and pickup coming, Is there anyway I can run the stock manifolds being I am going to run the manual steering?? I really don't wanna drop $700+ on headers (I will make a set before I pay that!) Now I do NOT have a TCM what year can I use? does it have to be a 05 specific since my PCM is 05??? I was told a 4.7 Throttle linkage will work on the 5.7 to get past the drive by wire crap! only 7 wires and it's running!? Thanks for the info man I really appreciate it I will check the thread out over on FBBO!:supz:

If you have an 05 PCM that came with the engine and trans it controls both. Should have 4 connectors. Manual trans PCMs are pretty rare.

I haven't heard of getting rid of the drive by wire using a stock computer. If you want to keep a cable operated pedal you can use a converter box from an 03 truck, but it is still drive by wire.

Not sure what will fit a B body, but grand cherokee exhaust manifolds fit in an A body with just a little grinding.

Stock manifolds should fit BUT the down turn is gonna be tight. Only the 03's have a pcm and tcm, 04 and up it's all in one so you're good there. Get the "box" for the drive by wire, and you can use your stock pedal, but will need to get a throttle cable to go from the pedal to the box and no way to get around dbw with factory computers.

The wiring harness is plug and play connections, hook up a ground, positive, brake light, speedo, o/d on off, fuel pump hot wire, and I cant remeber the other(s). Get a predator and you can get rid of the lag in the dbw, and you'll be happy.

All you have to do is to read through some of the builds on this site and FBBO and all you questions will be answered.

I have read some through each site. Thought I would just post! Good to know about the PCM being all I need it does have 4 connectors on it. I will just do drive by wire I guess then, The guy had taken the plastic cover off the Throttle "box" and they were going to put it into a Dakota and he said he could not find the cover. Anybody heard of this place they have full wire harnesses here is a link. http://www.docsblocks.com/wiring.asp

Go straight to the source, hotwireauto.com and speak to Chris. He can answer all ?'s and hook ya up.

I called Chris today and he said when I buy a wiring harness they will unlock and flash my PCM for a extra $100.00 and do a EGR delete. looking at a decent chunk of change but I think for the hassle involved with piecing together a harness and having any luck at it running correctly his harness looks great and for about $1150.00 everything electrical done I don't think it gets any better!

You see, now that you have taken the baby step, it's full blown addiction from here on out. You will be happy with what they have, and I suggest a predator or the intune and let the hp fly!!!

Is the Intune the Diablo programmer?? I am going to order a wiring harness next week, I pulled the oil pan off this 05 and the receipt said this motor had 3k miles and I was doubting it but after I pulled the pan off I was blown away this thing looks absolutely brand new so I have a feeling the mileage is in fact true, I called the salvage yard and they confirmed the truck did indeed have 3,000 miles. Anway when I went to take off the oil pan gasket/windage tray I thought it was just stuck on good well it finally popped off and I realized it has tabs that go behind the front cover and rear main seal holder, I don't see why I could not re-use it anybody re-used one in this situation?

Diablo Intune yes, and yes to reusing the pan gasket/windage tray. Just put some rtv around the bolt holes for good measure and tighten her back up.

I was looking at this mess of spark plug wires do they make kits to fire both plugs in the same cylinder at the same time (small plug wire to COP?)

Yeah, they are called shorty wires. But save some cash, just shorten the ones you have and your set.

cool, I just bought a brand new 05' Ram pedal/apps for $75.00 tonight off Ebay
seemed pretty cheap, I was going to ask will a 6.1 Intake fit on my 05' truck 5.7?

Yes, but there are some things you WILL need to do.

1. Mill the top of the timing cover and move the alt. and a/c outwards.
2. Get spacers to raise the intake above the timing cover and move the alt. and a/c outwards.
3. See items one and two.

I ordered my harness from Hotwireauto today and sent them my PCM, I was looking at camshafts what cam would be a good cam without getting into a higher stall convertor anybody have any suggestions??

-
Back