5.7 hemi rough idle and low backfire out exhaust any ideas

-
one thing i forgot to mention is when it was idling rough and backfireing i notice both exhausts were puffing out white smoke i had never seen that before

google po139, shows o2 slow response it has a list of things to check
I got to run so good luck till later

Any codes that state Bank one or Two , Sensor "Two" means downstream oxygen sensor (after catalytic converters) Usually The Hotwire setup usually doesn't use post converter O2 sensors because usually catalytic converters aren't usually used in hot rods/swaps.Not sure what you have with your wiring.
If those codes are coming in you may want to call Chris At hotwire and ask him about that to see if those were supposed to be removed in the reprogram, if the pcm is expecting to see those and they aren't there it may be messing up you fuel ratio.If its looking for that rear o2 signal and its not there it could be even be keeping it in open loop.
Also I have never heard of a mass air flow sensor in the stock ecm setup. Chrysler uses a speed density setup with a map sensor , it bolts right into the intake.
White smoke is usually a sign of the engine burning coolant, sometimes if its cold it will appear white when there is nothing wrong until everything warms up.

you are absolutely correct i mistakenly said i have a mass airflow sensor when i actually have a map sensor and i did email chris about the problems and he suggested i disconnect the battery to reset the computer and see if it helps the problem. also the white smoke disappeared when it warmed up so i think what you said is also right. chris also suggested i have it scanned and see what the air/fuel ration is so i am looking for a scan program that will do that. also i do not have the second set of o2 sensors because i dont have cats on this car

i did email chris about the problems and he suggested i disconnect the battery to reset the computer and see if it helps the problem. . chris also suggested i have it scanned and see what the air/fuel ration is so i am looking for a scan program that will do that. r

Hopefully it will reset the memory and will be fine. I believe having the ability to plug into your muscle car like a new car a check diagnostics is the best part of the Hotwire /stock pcm setup .
You can watch misfires on data stream ,Also checking long term fuel trim can tell if it is adjusting for a lean or rich condition.
You could have temperature sensor not reading correctly and making it run rich or lean and not set a code , but you could see it on data stream of your laptop.Really would be a plus to have that information.

i totally agree i purchased a diablo sport scanner from chris when i bought the hotwire system but im not really very good with it im looking for a laptop based program to buy that may be easier to use

-
Back