5.7 hemi wont crank

-

Shadow9198

Reaction score
i put a 5.7 Hemi and 545rfe trans from an 05 1500 2 wheel drive into my 1970 charger. when i first did this i hooked the stock wiring harness to the car to all the the necessary plugs and after some trouble shooting i finally got it to crank. when i hit it with fuel pressure i was trying to start it. when i started cranking it didn't seem to fire and after a few seconds the whole system lost all of its power. battery checked out good and it was getting late so i gave in for the night. i then found a wiring schematic by Boden and decided to try it out. when i finished the modifications to the harness i hooked everything up except for the stock under hood fuse box. when i hooked it to the batter i had nothing. i then unhooked the battery and just plugged all of the plugs into the fuse panel, i did not however hook the main batter cable to the fuse box. and now when when i hooked up the battery the throttle butterfly twitched for a second or 2 then stopped. still however it would not crank over and nothing had power. i then hooked up the main battery cable to the fuse panel and now when i hooked the battery up the throttle blade would still twitch and stop but since the fuse panel was hooked to the batter a headlight that was still in the dodge harness turned on and stayed on for 1-2 seconds then it shut off, around the same time as the butterfly stopped moving, and that's when the power loss happens. i then tried to unhook then hook up the battery and crank as soon as i hooked it up but the engine still would not crank. any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

ASD, ASD, ASD. The Automatic Shut Down relay sounds like it is kicking in.

Why are you making all these changes to the way it is wired up? You cant just keep moving wires around hoping it will eventually start. Wire it up as it should be and then track the issue thats causing the no start. Most of the time it is caused by the ECU losing power momentarily from an improperly wired power circuit. Main ECU power needs an UNINTERUPTED source of power, or it does exactly what you describe.

The main reason i changed it to the way boden has it is to eliminate the bulky stock fuse box. It just makes no sence way it changed when i just hooked up the plugs on the fuse box but not to power

-
Back