5.7 hemi

-

72demon96

Reaction score
hello everyone I found a early 5.7 hemi in a junkyard they want $200 for the motor condition unknown it will be for a demon. what will need to be done to work in my car wiring? motor mounts? Thanks

Start thread searching in the New Hemi Swap section. Lots of good info. Best piece of advice I could give is, don't get overwhelmed. Lots of different ways to skin a cat! As far as just litterally bolting the engine in, there are conversion mounts available from TTI or Schumacher to name a couple. What Transmission? If auto, then just an ATI conversion flexplate, then small block case bolts right up. Exhaust is the real killer, money wise. About the only thing available "bolt in" are TTI's. I know, I know, "they are junk!", "they don't fit for ****!". I used them in a 74 Swinger and they fit well. Then are you keeping the fuel injection? Wiring kits available all over the place too, but, research them well. Not all created equal! Good luck with your project, you won't be sorry!!

Thanks for the info and I am going to keep the 727 Transmission

That is easy then with the ATI flex plate. Available through Summit Racing for about 130.

What do you do about the starter and the what are the options for the oil filter

If you are handy fabricating Brand x LS mounts bolt to the Hemi block... available from All Star in MI.

You have to grind a little boss that prevents a standard mini starter from seating properly on the left side.

-
Back