5.7 spark plugs???????

-

swifter

Reaction score
OK--This is still a issue with the 5.7 and nitrous---No one will help me out with a colder range spark plug for the application on my 5.7 when using nitrous,If anyone has someone they know that uses nitrous on a 5.7 could you please get the plug number from them??? I use a zex perimeter plate system and last year only sprayed 100 hp shot,This year after my motor re-build I want to spray a 150-200 shot and want to cover all my bases.Zex has no application for plugs witch is weird also ngk say's just use the stock plugs which i believe is wrong,My engine builder was in touch with autolite and they have no application at this time!!!!! HUMMMM very wierd the motor's been on the market for 9 years--Boy who wants to partner with me and make some colder range plugs for the 5.7???? Thanks Steve

Here's a discussion about spark plugs over at lxforums.com

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f286/question-spark-plugs-186727/

The consensus is that the stock plug for a 6.1L Hemi is one heat range colder than a stock 5.7L Hemi Plug.

They also list some that are two and three steps colder than a stock 5.7 plug.

Read the post carefully as there is some misinformation that is corrected by later posts.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Thanks once again -Joe---Engine is in car now doing final plumbing and waiting for my carb to be delivered---Man anticipation is KILLING me!!!!!! Made appointment for my new 3in exhaust a week from monday!!!!!!! Just need my carb to hit the key!!!!!!--Steve

It's nice to hear that your project is moving forward.

I'm still collecting parts, but at least I'm moving forward. I just bought a center console and shifter off a guy on FABO. Good guy, he even delivered!

Next thing is to get the motor running on a test stand. But that wil have to wait, I am about to tear down my existing garage and build a new three car garage. :D

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Fired her up today Joe--Shakes the whole garage and ohhhhhhhhhh what a cam!!!!--Steve

-
Back