5.9 into '72 Scamp- search not helping...

-
JDMopar,
You just gotta find wiring diagrams for that '98 Ram and start looking at what can be removed from the harness. I got mine from Alldata. Once your done you'll be down to two wires to connect to your truck (other than grounds), a power wire to the computer, and a power wire to the fuel pump.

You'll need a flexplate from a 5.9 magnum motor, and a crank sensor for an automatic equipped Ram(different lengths between auto and manual crank sensors). PCM won't care about what trans you have with it being for a manual.

Thanks, that was kind of what I was hoping to hear. The mechanical stuff is easy for me, but I'm hoping the wiring the motor to work in the truck won't be too bad. So, a 5.9 flex plate is different than a 5.2? I think if I read other threads correctly, I will have to rat one hole out to get the flex plate to bolt to the converter. It sounds like the flex plate is balanced for the motor on Magnums, vs the balance being added to the converter on LA motors. I guess I need to start my own thread instead of hijacking this one. Thanks for the help.

Yes on all that.

5.2 and 5.9 are balanced differently.

The weights are on the 5.9 flexplate.

You have to enlarge one hole on the flexplate.

You also have to cut a notch in the bellhousing of your trans for the crank sensor.

Oh, and yes you need to start your own thread. Haha

Where the heck ,did you find that? Or a custom built,one...?
I contracted with someone in the flywheel world to get it made. They're a production shop. Want one?
It's got the tone ring and provision for weight to balance to 5.9

-
Back