5.9 mag spring question

-

dudeman601

Reaction score
Is there a spring/retainer for the magnum head that can be used for a cam with lets say 520 or so lift that does not require machine work to the head?

Hughes sells a spring /retainer kit that will go .550 lift.Installed,with a handheld spring compreeor on a engine stand.You are limited to.520ish lift with stock valve guides.

I bought a regrind cam that with 1.6 rockers comes out to 513 lift. you dont happen to know a part number do you?

Either 1102,or 1110.Just tell them what you are doing,they knew already what I needed.What cam,if you don't mind?

Hr-276-msbd in./hyd in./.276 in./.220 in./.465 in./.496 ex./hyd ex./.286 ex./.234 ex./.492 ex./.512

Nice grind.FWIW,Stock magnum heads peak .480-.490 lift.I like the aggressive split.Good cam grind,good luck!

Thanks. This is my first magnum venture. I have built a couple of la motors and assembled b's before. There has deffinately been alot of learning with this build

I called up dave at hughes. He hooked me up with springs and retainers. Thanks for the help

-
Back