5.9 Magnum FI cam upgrade

-
Good to know, thanks. Ive been doing some research and it looks like the manual flywheel for the 5.9 Magnum with FI is a hard and expensive item to come by. It's got me wondering if the 5.2 Magnum would be a better choice; any thoughts? I've got a good AX-15 5 speed from a V8 Dakota that Im going to use.

Agreed on the LSA of the cam. Stupid PCM goes nuts if it's too lumpy, and gives random misfire codes.

i gotZ a lumpy cam in the 408 and doesnt set misfire codes,

[ame="http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/360dakota/01%20dak/P1010016.mp4"]
th_P1010016.jpg
[/ame]

Good to know, thanks. Ive been doing some research and it looks like the manual flywheel for the 5.9 Magnum with FI is a hard and expensive item to come by. It's got me wondering if the 5.2 Magnum would be a better choice; any thoughts? I've got a good AX-15 5 speed from a V8 Dakota that Im going to use.

If you balance the 360 when you build it, then you can use any flywheel and harmonic balancer you want.

Although, you should be able to buy a Dakota flywheel from a 98 right up to 03, if I remember right.

If you balance the 360 when you build it, then you can use any flywheel and harmonic balancer you want.

Although, you should be able to buy a Dakota flywheel from a 98 right up to 03, if I remember right.

Yeah, I plan on just finding a good running engine and using it as is other than possibly a cam change. Doesnt the 5.9 have a dedicated flywheel?

I want to say yes, but I don't know the manual transmission setups very well. I know the automatics have balance weights on the flex plate, and a different harmonic balancer than the 5.2 motors do.

-
Back