5.9 magnum starter?

-

kempkan

Reaction score
Just wondering if I can use a starter from a magnum to replace my giant starter that came with the LA motor. The magnum is a lot smaller and would clear the headers better.

yes been doing it for many many years and no issues

Just put a new starter from a 2000 Dodge Ram in my '69 Dart, NO ISSUES! You are going to like this swap. The starter is half the size and cranks the engine twice as fast. It also uses less current. Just be prepared to disconnect the steering linkage to get your old starter out ( if you have headers). Good Luck

Awesome. Thank you. Should be to much of a problem considering the motor is out now. I will be putting my heads on tonight and throwing her back together. Did some upgrades already and want to make the starter another.

Awesome. Thank you. Should be to much of a problem considering the motor is out now. I will be putting my heads on tonight and throwing her back together. Did some upgrades already and want to make the starter another.

Well it looks like you're set with the motor out. Like I said you're gonna like it. I only whish that I would have done it a lot sooner than I did.

-
Back