5.9 switch

-

moparjones1

Reaction score
I know this has been done a lot, but could some one give me a list of things to get and expect for switching my 273 69 Dart GT convert to a 5.9 Magnum from a 99 Durango. the 5.9 has the full serpentine set up still attached, including A/C compressor. My Dart has a 904 tranny with an 8 3/4 rear (3.23) open.

Hi:
Sounds just what I have been doing for the last few years. Including a 904. Just do the basics,: New Mounts, Oil pan and oil pick up change. It all bolts up.
As for the serpentine. I used everything except the power steering. And kept the Dak/Dang. Compressor, Alt., early style crank pulley. Had to make a few trips to O"R. to get the correct belt size. Also, went with a March underdrive pulley on the water pump. Due to having a 3.91- 8 3/4". Stock 26" rad. 2 row. ( My "75" had factory air and replaced the rad with a new one. ( Amazon. $146.00)Runs cool as a cucumber. No heat. Too many hoses, and I live in OK. where we average 95 degrees. in JUly. And electric fan.
Note: If the front end has not been updated in the last few years replace all of the rubber pieces. Torsion bars: "OLD" update them. Another item: Have the "K" member welded. I mean the entire circumference. Especially, since you have a convert. and add frame connectors. It is a nearly 50 year old car. It needs strengthening.
Good luck..

oil pan, pickup, grind truck mounts off block if using headers, flexplate, 340/360 mounts or modify drivers side 318 mount to fit. (passenger side is same)............patterson

magnum swap .com is good for info on carbed swap, we do the swap with factory FI, have all the parts needed as well as lots of upgrades, fuel tanks with pump in tank, fuel line kits, etc. Super easy swap in a 67 V8, we are doing same to our 67 GT vert with a 01 Durango 5.9, EQ's , big roller, injectors, tb etc. You can pm me or find us on the intenet. magnuummopar. Evan

yea we tried tried to have magnum car pans made but so far the minimum number to produce is 10K units...still looking for somebody to press a small run like 500 or 1000 instead but not likely unless things change.

-
Back