5 alarm tacos....

Hot food

• Total voters
-
I love insanely hot but with alot of flavor. I have a Chinese restaurant near me that makes a dish called "Mala Chicken". The sauce is oil based and made with Szechuan Peppercorns and dried red chili's. I can only eat a few bites at a time because I start to really sweat and my mouth goes numb. I love interactive food!

There's something wrong with me... Ghost sauce is only 'kinda-hot' nowadays... Sometimes I mix two types of sauces just to get the kick.

CURRENT FAVORITE BREAKFAST: (2) Egg sandwich with mayo & pepperjack, jalapenoes, and Sriracha Rooster Sauce

I used to really enjoy hot. Blazes hot. Set your *** on fire kinda hot.

I'm the kinda guy who looks at everyone like panzies when they complain about something being "hot."

But, I'm finding, the older I get, the less I want it like that. I can still eat it and enjoy, but I'm asking myself, why?

There's something wrong with me... Ghost sauce is only 'kinda-hot' nowadays... Sometimes I mix two types of sauces just to get the kick.

CURRENT FAVORITE BREAKFAST: (2) Egg sandwich with mayo & pepperjack, jalapenoes, and Sriracha Rooster Sauce

Sriracha Rooster Sauce?? What in the hell is THAT? Sounds like some sort of torture juice.

I just made Chili yesterday and I used a pound of ground turkey and a pound of ground beef.......I wanted it to be sweet with the first bite and finish warm/hot. I used 2 red peppers and that did the trick for the sweat part and I used 2 jalapeño's and one hot red cherry pepper........ it was delicious.

Attachments

• peppers.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 110
I just made Chili yesterday and I used a pound of ground turkey and a pound of ground beef.......I wanted it to be sweet with the first bite and finish warm/hot. I used 2 red peppers and that did the trick for the sweat part and I used 2 jalapeño's and one hot red cherry pepper........ it was delicious.

we all have our own version of "hot"! I lik e your receipe, sweet,, spicy, and just hot enough!!
the puree of the peppers with a little tomatoe , froze in ice cubes sounds like something to try.
chili to me is cold weather food!!! LOL only good thing bout winter!!????

Sriracha Rooster Sauce?? What in the hell is THAT? Sounds like some sort of torture juice.

Nothing scary in fact Sriracha sauce is really catching on and restaurants are using it. It's a Thai/Vietnamese chili sauce, thicker than Tabasco and not as hot, with garlic. I like mixing it with mayo and using it as a dipping sauce for fried food. Supermarkets carry it now, usually on a high shelf with the hot sauces or international condiments. It's a clear plastic bottle with a rooster on it and a green squirt top. I bet you and Ernie would like it.

.....I am East Indian, you want to talk about spice LOL

My first year in college, our floor RA was an East Indian guy named Bose. Just before Christmas break, he cooked a tray of "Indian Chicken" for all of us to try....

Holy crap! One bite of that stuff and my lips felt like they were on fire!!! :color:

I only ended up having two bites and couldn't take anymore, but it was pretty good if it wasn't sooo hot! :pale:

So, no.... I'm not going to talk about spice with an East Indian person... Or try to get in a "who can eat the most spicy food" contest with them.... :color:

I did make it up to the "medium" level at my favorite Thai food place in Detroit, but they are now closed.... :pale:

I wish I could eat Thai food. The last place I looked at, there was literally NOTHING on the menu that wouldn't put me in the hospital. :( (Which sucks, because my brother loves Thai food.)

Get you a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce. If it's too hot for you, you can use it to clean concrete floors. Says so right on the label.

Funny you mention that Dave's Insanity Sauce. My friend watched his teenage son splash some on a sandwich.......10 minutes later, they were on their way to the hospital!!

I love me some real hot sauce (which is generally just a hilarious attempt at it), but like was mentioned, if it's burning your lips, that's it, I'm out.

I like it warmer. I'd say the voting has been pretty peaceful though! 8)

Attachments

• image-1526199545.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 104
that sounds awesome!

I'm always saying I don't like things that hot.But I guess my tolerance has gone way up in recent years. Things that don't seem that hot to me seem to really bother other people. I recently had some popcorn dusted with dried ghost pepper. I kept munching on it while others stopped after a single handful.

I wish I could eat Thai food. The last place I looked at, there was literally NOTHING on the menu that wouldn't put me in the hospital. :( (Which sucks, because my brother loves Thai food.)

I didn't like it much either after trying a few places. Then a guy from work said to try this place, and it was great!

It depends on which Thai restaurant you go to. I loved the new place, but now they have gone out of business.... :banghead:

This sounds good....go figure, I have been with a wonderful Mexican lady for close to 15 years and she has NEVER made me chili...what's up with THAT????

I didn't like it much either after trying a few places. Then a guy from work said to try this place, and it was great!

It depends on which Thai restaurant you go to. I loved the new place, but now they have gone out of business.... :banghead:
Sounds about right. Ernie is not one for going to different places to eat. We were looking for a Pizzeria when we first moved here. Drove around with phone book, every place we stopped she had one reason or another to not go in.....to darkly lit, looked dingy etc.....she was talking a friend about the one place we did like that recently closed one of there locations....one of the places she refused to go into is rumored to have great food...:banghead:

No, I literally CANNOT eat it! I am allergic to coconut...and damn near everything on the menu uses coconut oil or milk.

Really????

Yup....but keep in mind that her idea of beans is of any sort is an 8 hour crock pot full. She calls me her "white boy"....I made chili for her once when we first met. Several different cans of beans, a variety of peppers, a mix of pork & ground beef, and some of her favorite Tequila
http://www.cazadores.com/#
while she said it was very good she said it was a "white boy" chili because of the beans I used. Funny Lady

This sounds good....go figure, I have been with a wonderful Mexican lady for close to 15 years and she has NEVER made me chili...what's up with THAT????

[ame]http://youtu.be/ukCr6fG9pug[/ame]

-
Back