5 speed manual swap

-

spstacman

Reaction score
i have heard you can swap a 5 speed manual from a Dakota into a A body with a stock small block does anyone know more about this ie which trans it is what year its out of ,pos and con thank kind of stuff

It can be done juct recently did so on a 69 dodge dart.I used a la block 360 and a 5-speed out of 96 dodge truck.Im still working a few of the bugs out but it sems to work great.I plan on loadig a bunch of pics and starting a thread of what it takes.Let me know if I can help.

stay away from the ax-15s, a mild v6 could kill those. The NV3500s would be an ok choice behind a mild small block. Just something to keep in mind, is that the nv3500s use an integrated bellhousing. Anything over 300-325rwhp and the NV is on borrowed time unless you baby it. My s/c v8 dakota was dynoed at 355rwhp and was sometimes hard to go into gear under hard acceleration. Keep in mind also that the gear ratios flat out suck in a performance aspect. The NV4500 out of the rams are supposed to handle more torque, and have a removable bellhousing. But again the ratios aren't great

-
Back