5 speed stick

-
There's a ton of info on the topic of 5 speeds. Keisler makes kits as does Hurst and some others. Prepare to spend a lot.

not to steal the thread or anything, but what about a do it yourselfer like me? Has anyone ever put in a five speed from another vehicle? What about a four speed automatic?

My problem is I have a Scamp that is gonna be done this summer and will be street/strip. unfortunately I live an hour away from the dragway and don't wanna be winding the **** out of the motor on the highway there. I'm still undecided on stick or auto at this point but I am def gonna need that extra gear in a tranny that can handle the abuse of a 450hp 340ci every few weeks at the dragway.

not to steal the thread or anything, but what about a do it yourselfer like me? Has anyone ever put in a five speed from another vehicle? What about a four speed automatic?

My problem is I have a Scamp that is gonna be done this summer and will be street/strip. unfortunately I live an hour away from the dragway and don't wanna be winding the **** out of the motor on the highway there. I'm still undecided on stick or auto at this point but I am def gonna need that extra gear in a tranny that can handle the abuse of a 450hp 340ci every few weeks at the dragway.

I am due it yourself type as well and the topic of both 5 and 6 speed manual and 4 and 5 speed auto has been covered here and all over the net. I was polity letting the OP know to do a search, is all. In your case good luck, it all depends on the intended use of the car, your goal , and budget. Again, research would be key to aid in your decision such at what converter, rear gear ratio for the weight and gearing in the trans you intend to use, what class your going to race in, the right clutch set up, vehicle weight, cam, etc.

My car will have a 4l80e in it....if built correctly they can handle 4 digit power levels....might take me a decade or two to get to it.....

-
Back