5 speeds KIESLER vs CMS

-

RPMmachine

Reaction score
which place sells a better product for an abody?

kiesler or classic motor sports group?

most all the parts are the same,,,check pricing and service,,, also check

american power train,, niced guys over there also

i think cms is cheaper than kieslerbecause they have a sale, but with the cms kit you have to cut the crossmember

ill check american powertrain, thx

I think you need to cut the cross member with the Keisler kit but they don't tell you that.

TREMEC in an A body,,, you have to cut the cross member,,period,,no way around it,, or at least take a notch out of it,,or machine the tail shaft of the trany in the shifter area,,

the keislier cross member is a made to look like a factory cross member that has been modified to except a GM, trans mount, the classic 5 speed is a completely different design cross member,,on and early A the classic cross member appears in pics to be in the way of exhaust clearance,,,

either way in an A body you will have to open the floor up and modify the trosion bar cross member and either buy a made or modify your lower trans cross member, i plan to make my own,,so im sure the drive shaft/ tail shaft is degreed properly to my set up,,,

Keisler notches the tailshaft of the TKO so you don't have to cut the torsion bar cross member, this also keeps the driveline angle up closer to where it is suppose to be.

I think that is why cms is a little cheaper...they do less modifications to the trans, but their crossmember tilts the trans down further and you still have to cut the torsion bar cross member.

The pic in this link shows the notch they do:

http://www.keislerauto.com/index.ph...perfectfit-5-speed-overdrive-kit-tko-500.html

I'm currently deciding between the 2 myself

Don't get me started. LOL. I had to do plenty of modification for the Keisler setup. They say "No hack job" BULLSHIT :thebirdm:

Like Don said. You will have to cut the crossmember. The piece you cut is not all that critical anyways. The CMS crossmember or the Keisler crossmember will give plenty of stability, but I think the CMS piece gives better support for the floor and the crossmeber itself.

I have not seen the CMS on an early a-body, but I can give you all the info you could possibly want on the Keisler setup and the early a-bodies.

I would go without before ever using Keisler again

I would`nt touch Keslier with a 10 foot pole:angry7:

Any special reason? I have had there five speed in my Duster for 11 years...I have one of the prototype tremic for A bodies. It works great and I have had tech questions answered over the phone with great success.... Maybe I'm lucky:read2:

I`ve got the Keisler package in my `68 Barracuda. They provide a crossmember that`s bolt-in ready. I cut two holes in the tunnel about six inches square each but that was about the extent of the mods I had to do. I was very happy with the Keisler set-up. The early A-bodies may be a little tighter fit, but I`m not familiar with them personally. I can`t comment on the CMS as I`ve no experience with them.

Hey longgone do you beat on it at the track and how much hp/tq you running through it? Combo?

Hey longgone do you beat on it at the track and how much hp/tq you running through it? Combo?

No track time but I do hammer it through the gears on a regular basis, that is when the coast is clear. :D The car`s running a 500 c.i. stroker with ported heads but has been detuned for the street. Now with a smaller cam and six pack induction vs. tunnel ram, it is still in the upper 500 hp range with nearly as much torque. Hooking up is a problem but this has probably helped alot to preserve the trans.. Keisler offers about 7 levels of clutch as well and I`m running the middle rated one. So far I haven`t destroyed anything, it`s fun trying though.

No track time but I do hammer it through the gears on a regular basis, that is when the coast is clear. :D The car`s running a 500 c.i. stroker with ported heads but has been detuned for the street. Now with a smaller cam and six pack induction vs. tunnel ram, it is still in the upper 500 hp range with nearly as much torque. Hooking up is a problem but this has probably helped alot to preserve the trans.. Keisler offers about 7 levels of clutch as well and I`m running the middle rated one. So far I haven`t destroyed anything, it`s fun trying though.
well get back out there and keep trying...and don't come back until something is broke..:toothy10::toothy10:

No track time for me either but beating on it is a passion!!!
528 CI
603HP
No transmission problems, just underwear trouble
yep, its fun.......=P~

-
Back