$50.00 Paint job!

-

Red's '72 Dart

Reaction score
I just thought you guys would like this!

20170426_143242.jpg

#13-2.jpg
#13-4.jpg
#13-2.jpg

half a gallion of rustolium red from lowes, hand full of roller, 2 coats,..idk 35 40 bucks all in...was real pleased with it for what it was,...im sure 3 or 4 coats and wet sanding and buffing would give a lot better results but on this car if the finished paint looked any better the ruff body woulda stood out worse!

red paint.jpg

LOL. I LOVE the red paint job on dirty white boy's car. I always wondered what a roller job would look like. Not too bad at all.

You can get incredible results with a roller. Use that type of paint they use on fire escapes. You can shoot it and almost not damage it.

painted mine back in summer of '12 ant been washed or nothing since bet a good scrubbing itll shine back up like in them pics sept where bondo fell out...

You should see the Moparts orange Charger rustoleum thread, it's a bi#ch, but it's for real....

funny you posted this link as its exactly where i got the idea then found some youtube vids on it...people can do alot with less once that get there mind's fear of failure outta the way!
Your last sentence: YOU SURE GOT THAT RIGHT!.....

My buddy and I painted the roof of his 56 Pontiac back in the late 60's with white enamel paint and a good paint brush. We laid the paint on thick and it all ran together with no brush lines. Back then all supplies probably cost less that 10 bucks. Looked amazing.

i still wanna know what shop will sand, primer, paint, paint, sand, paint paint, sand, paint, paint, sand, paint, sand for $400.00

I use paint from Tractor supply> tractor paint> holds up good for what it is,
Brushed on
92 CTD, car trailer, gonna get scratched anyway

SAM_4340.JPG

SAM_4342.JPG

-
Back