$50 CL find Holley valve covers

-

tnts72

Reaction score
Found these while on a little road trip to run a Tough Mudder this weekend. $50 on CL, should clean up nice

Attachments

• image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 241
Heck yeah, I found a set of M/T covers like that and refinished them with the black wrinkle paint.

Attachments

• MT After.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 232
VHT Wrinkle plus. I think I got it at O'Riellys, about 8-9 bucks a can.

I taped off the large aluminum area with painters tape and just sprayed over the ribs.

Once dry, I used a fine grit disk on on an angle die grinder and gently cleaned up the ribs.

Get two cans (one for each cover), when spraying it go end to end, again at an angle across the covers and again at at angle the opposite way if that makes sense without stopping between coats (be careful not to let it run). Let them sit in the sun to dry. I did one coat at first and it wouldn't wrinkle, so after some research I found that multiple coats at different angles was the way to go.

Thank you for the tips. Did an old set of Chevy small block ones years ago and just put a real light layer of grease on the parts I didn't want the paint to stick to. Wiped right off after the paint dried. Trying to decide - paint before or after polishing... Might polish them first and give them a real good cleaning. Evaluate from there, wrinkle coating on them is still in pretty good shape - real fine tight wrinkle pattern

Thank you for the tips. Did an old set of Chevy small block ones years ago and just put a real light layer of grease on the parts I didn't want the paint to stick to. Wiped right off after the paint dried.

That's a good idea!

That set of M/T's cleaned up really nicely - good work!

Thanks, I stuck them in my blast cabinet and took them down to bare metal first.

Send them to Leanna. She can make them works of art.

Here's a before / after. They are both polished up and they turned out pretty well. Might end up sending them to Phoenix - Leanna when I build the 360/408 for this thing along with the intake. I saw a metallic silver / black intake she did that looked awesome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 137
They are all over the place on eBay, $30 needing refinished to $150ish in decent shape. Mopar Holley ones are a little tougher to find, but deals are there if you are willing to do some cleanup work. You can buy the same style with Mopar Performance on them for around $125

-
Back