508 cam

-
sure,I had 360 Block with a set of KB190 pistons, stock rods, HV oil pump, deep pan, a set of home ported J heads,2.02 1.60 valves, crane adjustable rockers that 508 purple shaft,had that for years,it ran a best of 6.82 1/8mi. 10.94 1/4mi and the best part was it wanted to be shifted at 5700 rpm`s sure I tried higher rpm,but it didn`t go much faster so I figured at that rpm it would last a long time,heck,I still have it,just got bored and wanted to go a little faster,intake was a modified LD 340 with a stock thermoquad on top,kinda like a cherry,did I forget anything? oh, trans is a 904,built be me,and 8 3/4" rear with 4.56 gears 11 1/2" x 29.5 slicks.all pretty much home made setup.

Thanks for the info that is almost the same set up I have but with 4.30's and 27" tall tire hope it works for a 11.90.

Hi people, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but only one guy has run the 508 small block cam? Anyone else run this cam an posted good times? 11s or better?
I bought one for some old school charm, and hoping to replicate the "famous" Bill Bellafato 67 Barracuda notch and run mid-high 11s?
So is it possible with this cam and a street car?
Oh just noticed first thread was about the comp com....I'm referring to the MOPAR purple shaft grind cam...292/508".
If there is another thread on the Mopar 508, can someone direct me to it please. Thx.

My 416 had the Comp PP 508 in it for a year. I liked the power and would rev the motor sometimes to 7000. Usually shifted at 6500.. The lifters were left in the motor 3 yrs with the rockers still bolted tight when I bought it and a few had the springs softened - still ran OK. Took the cam out last weekend and it looks very good - reusable. I also drove the car on the street with a 2500+ RPM converter and with the 3.91 gears seemed like a nice combo with the 10-1 416. This is the Comp PP 508, not the Mopar purple 508. May put it in my 340 back-up motor.

Putting in a solid roller.

-
Back