535 supercharged first time start up?

-
So I went to the garage today and manually turned the engine over and brought the valves on the pasture side each set up to The closed position.. after going through the valves on that side, I have at least three lifters that are not pumped up that is I mean when the valve is closed I can push down on the rocker arm not very far. The picture shows the orientation of the rocker arms. I think they are in the proper orientation.

View attachment 1716095443
There are right and left rockers. In this pic, the push rod seats look like they are both inboard. I believe that they should be outboard. Not sure if BB's are the same, but that's the way they are supposed to be oriented on a SB.

There are right and left rockers. In this pic, the push rod seats look like they are both inboard. I believe that they should be outboard. Not sure if BB's are the same, but that's the way they are supposed to be oriented on a SB.
This is how I had them when it was first ran. I think they're correct. When he verification would be appreciate it. Thanks

PXL_20230528_163806108.jpg

Here is a SB example. Notice how the push rod dimples face away from each other. I am not sure if BB's are the same. Just thought I'd point it out before you re-assemble just in case. Perhaps your pic is an optical illusion. Sorry, not trying to cause confusion. Maybe someone else will chime in.

340-rocker-arms-jpg.jpg

In the attached picture it says make sure that the hose are pointed down and in towards the valves.. I definitely want to make sure it's right. Any thoughts is appreciated

Screenshot_20230603-101517.png

Here is a update so I got a new roller cam and lifters, had to change the valve springs to get a 235pound seat pressure. Replaced the springs. Went to install the new roller cam and it went all the way in except for the last cam bearing...so now I need to have the cam polished on the last bearing jurnal to match the old one...also had to get a different timing gear set with a cam button...cam guy said to use 0.15 pre load on the measured push rods.... machine shop said to use 0.30-0.35 pre load...thoughts?

-
Back