543 ?

-
I'm sure a combo like that is workable for some class out there, but have you had anymore thoughts on what classes you'd like to run? You did disclose your intended budget in the other thread, and even though you intend to build "in house", i'd rule out Comp Eliminator. With the costs of constantly keeping up with running under the indexes, and the travel involved to get to races where you can run that class, your talking 6 figures to be really competitive. Think of it as, Pro Stock lite.

Bottom line is, I'd hate to see you spend that kind of money on a tube frame car with a expensive engine, only to have no place to run it other then a fast local bracket program somewhere.....unless you're comfortable with that? Just make sure you thoroughly research what the best type of racing the build will fit into before you start you're program.

I don't want to promote another site here, but if you do decide you want to run a NHRA/IHRA class legal car, I'm going to send you a link that has members that are the best in the business, period!

If you give them the direction you want to go, and your budget, the info you will receive will be priceless.

PM sent...

Thanks for the info this is harder than I thought to build for a class or to figure out what to build for what class. I like the A D R L concept of drag racing just not that many events to run with out a traveling circus. I have a local N H R A track 10 Min. from my house. Lots of opportunity to run the car and test but like you said what to get to run in on a competitive basis.

I wanted a 540 deal but Mike at muscle motors made me a deal on a 4.5 crank to do a 572 so i did it, now that the car is so light i kinda wish i had a 4.25 crank to kill the low end but will see.

Going with a stock block and aftermarket main caps with girdle. From what I understand the 540 is the biggest I can go with a stock block.

4.375 "bore x 4.5" stroke will work in a stock block, 540 ish inches.
4.5" bore isn't an option in a stock block though.

-
Back