5x 4.5 wont fit 5x4 wheels right???

-

cullenc101684

Reaction score
I know this is probaly a stupid question but this guy i know has some cragars for sell and he tells me the are universal bolt pattern and they are on his 70 mach 1, so i have stock wheels on my duster 14 i believe they are refered to as Ralleys?? check my pics out if you dont understand what im saying. So anyway i looked up a mach 1 bolt pattern and its 5x 4.5 but he keeps telling me they are universal and will fit my car. I dont want to actually go through taking off my rim to see if they would fit, i figured asking on here would save me alot of time and effort. So is this true that 5x4.5 wheels will fit my car that has 5x4 wheels on it now??? If not and im interested in getting some cragars in the future should i just search for 5x4 size wheels, this is all new to me im used to bolt patterns like 5x100 or 5x 120 so this 5 x4 is confusing cause i rarely see wheels advertised with that bolt pattern. Thanks for the help guys

I know this is probaly a stupid question but this guy i know has some cragars for sell and he tells me the are universal bolt pattern and they are on his 70 mach 1, so i have stock wheels on my duster 14 i believe they are refered to as Ralleys?? check my pics out if you dont understand what im saying. So anyway i looked up a mach 1 bolt pattern and its 5x 4.5 but he keeps telling me they are universal and will fit my car. I dont want to actually go through taking off my rim to see if they would fit, i figured asking on here would save me alot of time and effort. So is this true that 5x4.5 wheels will fit my car that has 5x4 wheels on it now??? If not and im interested in getting some cragars in the future should i just search for 5x4 size wheels, this is all new to me im used to bolt patterns like 5x100 or 5x 120 so this 5 x4 is confusing cause i rarely see wheels advertised with that bolt pattern. Thanks for the help guys

All the universal pattern wheels on Cragar have been 4.5 and 4.75 bolt pattern. No they won't fit on a 4 inch pattern. The only was that they would fit is with adapters and there is a lot of different opinions about that.

Thank you, so pretty much for me to have cragars on my car i would have to get the adapters? They dont make the cragar SS wheels in a 5x4 pattern?

I'm in the same boat as you. I've got 5x4.5 wheels, but still have 5x4 small bolt pattern on my 70 Dart. I think I will convert to the large bolt pattern brakes so that I can eventually use my new wheels. I decided to buy the wheels 1st, put em in storage and then start saving to do the BBP conversion on my car. I want the bigger front discs and have to change out the rear-end anyways. Either way its a big job but you have to start somewhere... right?

i have a couple "2" adapters so you can mount them to your car,,,,I'D TAKE $80 PLUS SHIPPING FOR THE SET

Thank you, so pretty much for me to have cragars on my car i would have to get the adapters? They dont make the cragar SS wheels in a 5x4 pattern?

Yes, they do. It is a long story. They are readily available on eBay and a couple of other places.

You can buy adapters new from Summit for around $80.00 for a pair.

Wheel adapters are great, but remember you have to take your back spacing into consideration, they move you wheel centers out one inch plus
Moe

-
Back