5X4 15" model years

-

crooked1/2dozen

Reaction score
Hi all:

Does anyone know what years and models, if any, used 5X4 15" rims, I'm in the country a lot and pass many small older wrecking yards, and may see something that would work on my '64 Signet, that now has 13" rims, and needs tires!

TIA

Dan

No cars were ever delivered with 15" wheels in the small (5x4") pattern.
The only cars to use this bolt pattern were the A-bodies and they never got 15" wheels (on street cars anyway). The 15" SBP wheels you see on the market are either aftermarket or home made by putting A-body centers in 15" rims.

The only cars to use this bolt pattern were the A-bodies and they never got 15" wheels (on street cars anyway). The 15" SBP wheels you see on the market are either aftermarket or home made by putting A-body centers in 15" rims.

That is correct. Any 4" sbp wheels that are 15" are aftermarket.

That is correct. Any 4" sbp wheels that are 15" are aftermarket.
Thanks for the quick reply. What about 14" other than A bodies, maybe SBP 14" larger Chrycos in the early years, I know that some later A bodies had 14", but wanted to expand my available options, if there are any.

Thanks again.

Sorry Rocket, I've just reread your post and it would seem that the only 14" SBPs were on A bodies, I'll have to keep my eyes open for the later A bodies w/ 14" rims.

Dan

SBP 14" wheels stopped in 1972 except for the 1973 through 1976 A-body drum brake cars. No 1973 up A-body disc brake cars had sbp from the factory. The only real market is for the rally wheels and the 5.5" steel wheels with the 4" pattern as far as factory wheels go. Once in a while someone will want the narrower 14" wheels but not very often and they sell real cheap because most of us have them laying around.

Sorry Rocket, I've just reread your post and it would seem that the only 14" SBPs were on A bodies, I'll have to keep my eyes open for the later A bodies w/ 14" rims.

Dan

Those lbp steel wheels aren't worth much either. 14" tire selection stinks now and there are tons of 15" steel wheels out there that fit. Again the market for the factory 14" lbp is the rally wheels.

...although some cars still had 13" wheels in 67, and maybe later. The SBP Rally wheels are 70-72, but at this point you'll never find them in the yard.

Dan

-
Back