5x4.5 front drums for 70 dart

-

polarbytes

Alaska gold Dart
Reaction score
I've searched but can't find the answer to this: which front drums with 5x4.5 bolt pattern will fit a 70 dart? We are switching to 10" front drums but up here in Alaska it is virtually impossible to find parts, so hoping another later year with this bolt pattern will fit. We have obtained some nice 5x4.5 rally wheels so that is the reason for the change. Thanks all from a couple of newbies.

I've searched but can't find the answer to this: which front drums with 5x4.5 bolt pattern will fit a 70 dart? We are switching to 10" front drums but up here in Alaska it is virtually impossible to find parts, so hoping another later year with this bolt pattern will fit. We have obtained some nice 5x4.5 rally wheels so that is the reason for the change. Thanks all from a couple of newbies.

I have never seen any A body drums in a 5x4.5" bolt pattern. I have heard of people putting B body front spindles, hubs and drums with this pattern, but don't know the in's and out's of the transfer. All I have ever seen are 5x4" pattern hubs and drums, or 5x4" or 5x4.5" disk brakes. I would think switching over to a 5x4.5", 73 and up disc setup would be the way to go.

There was never any A body front drums that came in big bolt pattern. As stated above it would be best to get the disc brakes off a big bolt pattern off a donor car or you can buy an aftermarket kit to adapt your drum brakes.

Thanks guys for the input. This is my 19 yr old son's first build and he is a college student, so cost is always the first consideration which right now negates the disc brake conversion. He is slowly acquiring parts but he just laid out over 2500 for a paint job. One of the members here thought maybe a 75 dart drum would work and there is an aftermarket supplier offering those. Any thoughts or anyone done this?

-
Back