6.1 Carb Intakes?

-

Buschi340

Reaction score
what different kinds / brands are on the market? I'm looking for an intake for a single carb. I know about XV but are there other intakes available too?
What are the advatages of them? Power on top or bottom end? Prefer street use (fast driving on the Autobahn), sometimes on the strip....

Thanks for any advise.

that's about it. Edelbrock has a dual carb setup as well. It will require an MSD hemi6 controller for spark though unless someone else has a way to get spark.

if you ditch the EFI you need a controller for the spark as stated above, MSD does one, so does FAST

Here is the FAST unit

If it was me, I would figure...u fuel injection would be a better way to go.

original setup with injection is out of decision. It is simply not allowed here in Germany with an historic license plate.

XV manifold > 560 USD

Indy Manifold > 360 USD

EDE manifold only as 2 carb available..

where is the difference in performance between XV and Indy? The Indy Intake looks great and gives a lot of options.

What do you guys think?

what about aftermarket fuel injection? I like the indy manifold because if you decided to add a blower all you need is the adapter plate.

what about aftermarket fuel injection? I like the indy manifold because if you decided to add a blower all you need is the adapter plate.

do you mean a throttle body Injection? As long as it appers as original and minimum 20 years old it might work with our officials.

With alot of port matching and gobs of epoxy. It dosn't pay!!!

that depends on the user. What you don't want to do and what others will could be different. Some don't dare back half a car others look at it as a minimum requirement. So it's all relitive. And even with a port mismatch of the 5.7 intake to the 6.1 head is not that bad. It has been done many many times. Usually the other way around ie a 6.1 manifold on a 5.7 head, but it is doable. And if you open the ports up some it's better than nothing.

To me the XV manifold looks much better. You are restricted to a single carb, but I think the design looks better.

HUH?????? You have to run a carb?

Go with the Indy intake

That was my thought... Bummer... There are those bolt on self tuning kits that loom like a carb, performance products maybe?

JOE

so there won't be any performance differences between those manifolds? Just the designs are different and the Indy is giving some more opportunities for later (maybe dual carb). Right?

The Drag Pack Challengers had an intake with a four barrel bolt pattern - it should be available through Mopar Performance, but I'm not sure of the part number. The biggest drawback is that this intake is VERY tall (probably wouldn't clear a stock A body hood) and designed for engines that rev to the moon.

a little bit off-topic: Is there somewhere a "x-mas / winter sale" to safe some money on the msd and Indy mod man stuff?
Buschi, You might want to consider this. It looks just like a Holley 4bbl., (stealth).Self learning or change parameters with laptop. Good Luck,ateam:read2:

I have no idea about performance gains of the Indy manifold, but I've engine dyno'd both the 5.7 and 6.1 XV's. The XV intakes are a pooch for tq, but comes on strong with hp above 6,000 rpm. Probably the same goes with the Indy intake design.

-
Back