6.1 valve covers on a 5.7

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
I have searched for this topic on google and found one link but it never really stipulated what parts I finally needed. Surely someone on here has done the mod and can tell me the exact part numbers I need. This topic (see link below) sort of helps me but at the same stage doesn't......

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f74/6-1-valve-cover-covers-5-7-question-224952/

I have got the:

4 x 5037581AB which are the little black studs (2 PER VALVE COVER)

I then read I may need the following as well:

4 x 6508330AA
6 x 6508861AA

Can anyone confirm this?

Here is a picture of the standard 5.7 studs

And this one shows the 6.1 cover lining up with the existing 5.7 studs, clearly won't work but can't see where new studs would even screw in to on the engine to suit the 6.1

The little black studs for the 6.1 just fit on the the cover bolt studs that are sticking up. you may be able to pull the two that are sticking on the studs you have and slip them on the vc studs

I put 6.1 stuff on mine, I'll have to check, but I may have reused my 5.7 hardware... I actually got my valvecovers and coil packs off eBay, and saved quite a bit of cash... I'm sure the lxforum would have some for sale too.

Joe

I lied. My plastic VC's came with new hardware,so I can't help ya with what you need...

If you find out the part number for those little 6.1L cover ball studs, let me know. I've got a 6.1L and the covers but my local dealer can't locate the stud part number.

Edit - I just saw your part number for the ball studs.

Also I just looked at my 6.1L sitting in the garage. You need four of the studs that are shorter. These came on early 5.7L and truck motors. In fact I have extra valve cover bolts sitting here. PM me you address and I'll ship you the four bolts you need.

Do you happen to have the part number for the bolts without the stud? I'd like to take off all the studs on my 6.1L valve covers and replace with bolts.

Thanks,

Riddler

If the picture posted are of your engine, pull the black studs off the fuel rail studs and push them down on the valve cover bolts that line up with the 6.1L covers.

Those studs look the same as the ones I have on my 6.1L.

Riddler

If the picture posted are of your engine, pull the black studs off the fuel rail studs and push them down on the valve cover bolts that line up with the 6.1L covers.

Those studs look the same as the ones I have on my 6.1L.

Riddler

That is what I was thinking also

-
Back