6.1 wont start... diagnostic

-

Buschi340

Reaction score
hm, got everything together today. But the engine refuses to start. Unfortunately I forgot the USB adapter for my notebook. Was it wrong to try starting w/o notebook / running the software first? Do I have to run a program first? I didn't had a chance to look into the software so it would be helpfull if there is a program pre-installed only to get the engine running.
Is there a dianostic tool in the software to read the sensors and such? Maybe there is something not working what I don't know... You see I'm not that experienced in those modern notebook electronic engine management systems... :-D so any help (again) is very appreciated. Today (friday) are our german Mopar Nats starting... ;-)

The 6.1 computer might be different, but I didn't need a tuner to get my 5.7 truck engine running. A diagnostic tool definitely can be helpful in identifying possible problems.
Do you have spark?
Are the injectors firing?
My no start issue initially was plugged injectors from corrosion while sitting too long. Some people have had issues with the ASD relay.

Seems only a electricity problem. No stable 12V port. will go the relay way....

But while searching, testing and cranking I detected zero oil pressure at the pressure port for the gauge/pressure switch. Another thread upcoming.

On the new gen engines if the oil pump has drained from sitting, you should be priming the pump first. The have been cases at the dealer level where they installed a new pump or had the front cover off and when they restarted the engine the oil pump refused to self prime hence no oil flow.

There was a thread on this earlier with ways to prime after assemble.

-
Back