6.1 year ID help needed

-

1973Barracuda

Reaction score
So, I bought a 6.1 used. The engine is in the states, so I can't really get any other numbers off the block. I took a pic when I bought it and these are the numbers.

6H362156

Are these numbers relevant? They are on the block just below the heads if I remember right.

I searched all over and can't find reference to these numbers.

Anyone know?

I need this info so I can order parts for my swap, BPE sent me a form with all sorts of needed info so I can get a quote on the parts I need.

Thanks

Jason

Mcat is correct, to a large extent, but there is difference between the exterior bolt ons, depending on whether the engine came out of a car or a Grand Cherokee. The oil pan and exhaust manifolds are different and I know the alternator is different and bolts up differently. Some of the front accessories, if not all, are different too.

Installed in a classic car, you likely won't use the stock oil pan or exh. manifolds anyway. The main "long block" is the same between the car / Jeeps from '05 through '10 if you need anything internally.

Thanks guys. I thought they were all the same as well.

If you are going to run a stock-ish 6.1, call Mike at EFISource. That is if want the ability to fine tune it yourself later on or modify the engine later. Or Dave at Modern Muscle has a good setup with OEM electronics. BPE seems to charge a premium for the same stuff that others do not.

-
Back