6.1L Hemi WIW

-

MuuMuu101

Reaction score
Hey guys, found an ad for a Hemi and I'm just curious what it's worth and what it will need to throw into my '68 Dart, stock geometry suspension. If it's going in, so is a T56. This is what the ad states:

Pulled form a Challenger for a project car and used a 5.7L instead. Complete minus correct coils and small parts. Intake alone is worth 1000. No flippers or dreamers. These are getting hard to find. Factory powder coated Hemi block, forged rotator, roller cam, monster heads. All the factory good stuff.

It seems almost too good to be true at $3k.

Attachments

• 00L0L_9TRtYBRSAgT_600x450.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 283
IMO thats a good price. there are a lot of guys out there think they have gold when they price them. if you are not interested please pass along the info.. i am interested

IMO thats a good price. there are a lot of guys out there think they have gold when they price them. if you are not interested please pass along the info.. i am interested

I think it's a great price too. I'm debating on whether or not to pull the trigger because I think the Dart is getting an engine swap much much sooner than expected. I just don't have a means of getting it to me. Car is going to a shop on Thursday and if they decide the 273 is long gone I'm just going to tell them to go all out and have fun.

I've seen 6.1L Hemi sell for 5K+. I bought mine for $2300USD out of Ohio off Ebay. I'd check it out in person and see if it spins and such. $3K is a good price.

Riddler

I think it's a great price too. I'm debating on whether or not to pull the trigger because I think the Dart is getting an engine swap much much sooner than expected. I just don't have a means of getting it to me. Car is going to a shop on Thursday and if they decide the 273 is long gone I'm just going to tell them to go all out and have fun.
FYI...
if that motor is perfect, and needs nothing. it still will cost between $3-4000 in just parts, to get running in your dart..

FYI...
if that motor is perfect, and needs nothing. it still will cost between $3-4000 in just parts, to get running in your dart..

I figured. Off the top of my head it would need motor mounts, oil pan and pickup, tti headers, borgeson ps box, an engine management system (ms3?), mini-starter etc.

A T56 trans on CL would probably cost about $1500. Add in a $700 Quicktime Bellhousing, clutch and other accessories.

So the entire swap would cost around $10k in parts alone at least, I'd imagine.

I figured. Off the top of my head it would need motor mounts, oil pan and pickup, tti headers, borgeson ps box, an engine management system (ms3?), mini-starter etc.

A T56 trans on CL would probably cost about $1500. Add in a $700 Quicktime Bellhousing, clutch and other accessories.

So the entire swap would cost around $10k in parts alone at least, I'd imagine.
yep

If I had the extra cash I'd be all over it, could have my niece pick it up. But since I'm already finishing a swap already, I'm broke....

My only concern is that it appears to have been taken apart. I don't see any accessories or wiring. While not a deal killer those items add up quick in an engine swap. I know I plan to use both the alternator and power steering pump. When he says, "Minus the small parts." That could be huge.

I think it's a good price, though not a screamin' price. I bought a 6.1 complete including factor harness and computer, A833 23 Spline with a flywheel clutch and pressure plate, Quicktime Bell Housing, and a new in the box Gear Vendors OD for 7K. I thought this was an excellent deal.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

You need to ask yourself...'Why is he using an inferior 5.7 instead of the 6.1?'

My guess is the 6.1 has an issue....

-
Back