6.4 is going in........in a 1969

-

70blackfish

Reaction score
going in a 1969 gmc truck

Attachments

• 6...4 hemi.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 747
OK thats cool.... but an LS motor would be cheaper to install and still be impressive.

Your truck...do as you wish.

Riddler

I agree that is cool, like Riddler says it might of been cheaper with the LS motor, but the 6.4 in my mind is way more impressive!!

I agree that is cool, like Riddler says it might of been cheaper with the LS motor, but the 6.4 in my mind is way more impressive!!

I kind of enjoy the fact the OP is being a troll to the Chevy crowd. It's a nice change. I will agree an LS would be better suited for the truck but I don't mind his decision one bit. :D

Hell Yes. More pics. More info. Custom mounts? What trans? You're gonna suprise people with that thing twice...

Joe

I was thinking GOT HEMI. they wouldn't figure out if it has the hemi or your asking if they have one.

I like it! I had a 46 ford truck with a 318 and it was great, pissed everyone off! Sold it to my cousin and then we efi magnum swapped it! Nobody knows what to think of that truck, it's cool to have something different. Your truck will definitely get some attention, plus it makes up for the people ls swapping mopars...

All you need is the 'YEAH ITS GOTTA HEMI' decal on the back screen.....watch the Chebby boyz go blue!! LOL!!!!

how it sits...with 29/15/15 rear tires

going to have a 5-45rfe auto

Attachments

• gmc...69.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 521
Loving it!! Love to see people pushing the bar and not afraid to do the unconventional!

For 70blackfish:

Motor mounts (before I added bracing down to the crossmember)
DSC_01912_zps815ce879.jpg

And fitment.

DSC_02052_zps8ddb793d.jpg

I think it is way cool. And considering some dumb *** put an LS motor in a Challenger I fully support this.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I had to clearance the frame for the alternator, then I was able to get the motor to sit real low. Assuming the 6.4 has the same alternator location?

-
Back