/6 904 info help

-

Phily

3XL, loud pipes, loud music, loud weed
Reaction score
So i finally got my 78 b100 home. Was gonna see about getting more info on the tranny. Thought it was a stick cause there was still a clutch pedal I. The van lol. At least I'm pretty sure it's a 904. Anyway I tried cleaning a little bit to find numbers but havent gotten to lucky lol. I plan to sell this and don't want to give false info or charge to much a d do t want to short myself to much either.
I've scraped some of this oil off lol found some numbers here and there but don't know which to look at but I don't think I've found the right ones either.
Sucks that I'm gonna be chopping this up. Other than a dusty surface rust in one tiny area I haven't found any actual rust anywhere

IMG_20170515_100738-800x600.jpg

IMG_20170515_100706-800x600.jpg

So i finally got my 78 b100 home. Was gonna see about getting more info on the tranny. Thought it was a stick cause there was still a clutch pedal I. The van lol. At least I'm pretty sure it's a 904. Anyway I tried cleaning a little bit to find numbers but havent gotten to lucky lol. I plan to sell this and don't want to give false info or charge to much a d do t want to short myself to much either.
I've scraped some of this oil off lol found some numbers here and there but don't know which to look at but I don't think I've found the right ones either.
Sucks that I'm gonna be chopping this up. Other than a dusty surface rust in one tiny area I haven't found any actual rust anywhere

View attachment 1715048159

View attachment 1715048160
From the photo of the pan, it looks like a 904. Take a look at the passenger side of the transmission. If in the upper right side the pan bumps out, then it's a 727, if no bump then a 904 for sure.

904. Any more info for this or a link. I'm gonna sell it and don't want to charge too much or too little. I'd like to be able to know as much info as possible. I. Sure there are diff gears for these and a way to find it maybe
Thanks

IMG_20170515_130603-800x600.jpg

If you clean up the pan rail on the drivers side where the pan bolts to the case there is a number stamped in there, possibly beginning with the letters PK. If you can post the number up here we can tell you a bit more about the trans.

2801533y 2652135
I'm under here right now lol

Also what is this linkage. It's not connected to anything

IMG_20170515_132636-800x600.jpg

Trans is a 904 from a 67 Dodge or Plymouth /6 225 Excluding Police or Taxi. So no heavy duty trans. Build date Thursday October 31 1968.
Where does the other end of the Linkage connect to. Your photo is a bit too close up to say.

It's the linkage mtly thumb is on and it goes no where. It's above the link where they had the shifter connected to

Looks like the kick down linkage that should be connected to the Carb linkage. If it is not connected to anything related to the throttle linkage chances are the tranny might be toast. It regulates pressures in the transmission that causes automatic shifts. Check the color and smell of the fluid to see if it is burnt.

Looks and smells fine. Still pink.
Somebody probably either didn't finish the install or they stripped some parts from it. Noticed the manifold is missing a couple nuts/ bolts and the auto choke has been removed

-
Back