/6 coil

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have these two coils and was wondering will it hurt anything on my new electronic ignition system I installed ? My coil works fine and was for the old point's system. As a back up or run ?
I am also running the old spark plug cables, Is there any reason why I should go to a different electronic wire set ? I have already changed my voltage regulator, Its just looks like the old style.
And should I change to a different plug ?

Thank you for all your time and knowledge .
I have new set of old plug cables on her now and a set of tub seal "Not on yet". That is an old picture when I did the new dist.

Part # P 4876732. the chrome on does not have one

DOMINOS 072.jpg

gas%20cap%20010.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20003.jpg

The black coil seems to be a private-label version of an MSD Blaster 2. Should be OK to use here. I don't see any reason to change the other parts if they are in good shape.

The black coil seems to be a private-label version of an MSD Blaster 2. Should be OK to use here. I don't see any reason to change the other parts if they are in good shape.
I agree and thank you Mat, I am just getting ready to clean up under the hood and did not want a to big of a coil to do damage, My plug wires are for points system and plugs, Should I change the plug's and wires to an electronic application or leave well enough alone?

you will be perfectly fine running the stock wires and plugs. about the only thing i would look at is the plug gap, it is usually a bit wider with the more spark energy you get with an electronic distributor. the black coil i know puts out around 45,000 volts were as the stock points one put out less the 30,000.

you will be perfectly fine running the stock wires and plugs. about the only thing i would look at is the plug gap, it is usually a bit wider with the more spark energy you get with an electronic distributor. the black coil i know puts out around 45,000 volts were as the stock points one put out less the 30,000.
Thank you camd64, I will give it a test run on the black coil and put it in my travel box for back up.:cheers: Thank you agaun

Hey Memike, I need to replace my /6 spark plug wires and distributor to coil wires. Mine look just like your wires in the above picture. Any idea where to buy replacements just like the ones you have?

-
Back