**6 cyl K member to 318 V8 Swap**

-
If you can't weld Like me! I would go with the more expensive one as its a bolt up.

If you can weld..........well you can put the mounts where ever you want.........maybe set it back a couple inches for better waight transfer.............NAH That make the tranny bolts a real pain to install/remove.........

The first kit is for 340/360s which has a different driver's side bracket than a 318. The second kit will work and is probably a Schumacher kit (www.engine-swaps.com). It's a lot more work but for $100 you could buy a V8 K member and use stock 318 mounts.

If you can't weld Like me! I would go with the more expensive one as its a bolt up.

If you can weld..........well you can put the mounts where ever you want.........maybe set it back a couple inches for better waight transfer.............NAH That make the tranny bolts a real pain to install/remove.........

You want to see my certification..........It is old but I still got it!:-D

Been welding for 20 years

If I moved it back I would have to rework the firewall for the Dizzy

The first kit is for 340/360s which has a different driver's side bracket than a 318. The second kit will work and is probably a Schumacher kit (www.engine-swaps.com). It's a lot more work but for $100 you could buy a V8 K member and use stock 318 mounts.

Yes it is a schumacher kit.......Just checked it out.

Problem is I don't have ANY brackets so the K frame swap would be more expensive and time consuming.

Ok,

Just gonna buy the engine swap kit, this will save me hours of setting the mock up block etc and I can put my energy to getting the ladder bar set up installed and setting the rear end up, mini tub etc.

Thanks for the responses they helped me with the decision.

You want to see my certification..........It is old but I still got it!:-D

Been welding for 20 years

If I moved it back I would have to rework the firewall for the Dizzy

:-D Yeah you get into all kinds of mess when you push um back. headers don't fit, tranc crossmember work.....shifting linkage mods, exc.

I installed a 318, I believe one of the ears on a 318 block is a little bit different than 340/360 but its not enough difference to have any problems. Atleast in my case i havnt any problems with them.

-
Back