/6 endowed with major GUNK

-
Stupid question....why tranny fluid?

Because its fairly thin and high detergent . I used diesel in the past but tranny fluid has more lubricating properties and still cleans well.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

It is only high detergent if you use a DEXTRON product. Type F is straight up hydraulic fluid. Non detergent. You can also use straight diesel fuel in the crankcase and let it idle. Knew an old guy in town when I was a kid that did that. Diesel IS oil and it does lubricate. Just don't crack the throttle. LOL

It is only high detergent if you use a DEXTRON product. Type F is straight up hydraulic fluid. Non detergent. You can also use straight diesel fuel in the crankcase and let it idle. Knew an old guy in town when I was a kid that did that. Diesel IS oil and it does lubricate. Just don't crack the throttle. LOL

I cant stop my self:finga::finga::finga::finga::finga::finga:

latest with the "gunk motor", thanks to alot of help here, i finally got fire to coil. had 40 lb compression before it got runnin, turned over freely, been sittin ?? how long?? dunno. poured a bout pint of 30 wt down carb, runs good no smoke or knock, showed 18 lb vaccum didn't have chance to tesy compression again but will later ., working on the other list of things befor goes down the road, i.e.: brakes. tires, exhaust, rebuilt carb ( robbed one temporily off one of my runnin dusters. but i'm gainin!!! it has Rotella in it for now, will see what that does for it. BUT, its lives again!!! LOL

after all the suggestions u just poured oil down the carb hole? please tell me what the thinking behind that is ? I never saw that one put up here wouldn't it have just smoked like hell for the first few mins?

yes it did smoke like crazy maybe 10-15 seconds/ oil down carb puts it into cylinders and gets compression up enough for it to start, had finally got plenty of fire( incorrect term), after sittin no tellin how many years??, the rings were probably somewhat rusty, after runnin about 5 minutes we shut it off as i didn't fill radiator, as i really didn't know if it was any good either!! LOL! i admit correct thing to do was tear it down and check everything out. fine plan put i didn't have $$$ the rebuild at this time. ( at me age besides being mentally challenged, i'm also finally challenged!!??)

-
Back