/6 exhuast manifold

-

green72

Reaction score
Looks like I will need a new or different manifold for my slant. Napa has them but $369.00 ouch!! Rockauto also has them $280.00 better but still ouch!! Any suggestions? I want a good one, I don't want to do this twice. Also any gasket advice would be great. Thanks

Shoot screw that, check the classifieds here and on SS.org cause I picked mine up 2 years ago for only $10+shipping. We had to do a slight mod on the choke pocket and it worked beautifuly.

EDIT: You are talking about exhaust manifolds right? Not intake?

Looks like I will need a new or different manifold for my slant. Napa has them but $369.00 ouch!! Rockauto also has them $280.00 better but still ouch!! Any suggestions? I want a good one, I don't want to do this twice. Also any gasket advice would be great. Thanks

try on the /6 dot org or in the forsale section here, I've seen em cheap.

when you get the new exhaust manifold check to see how flat it is matching your intake. also use one of the thicker manifold gaskets. easier time sealing it up.
and check out this web site for tips other than what you get on here, it's awesome info.
http://www.slantsix.org/articles/manifold-install/types-mounting.htm
good info there!

To make life easy I went to autozoo and picked up a gasket kit for my car, don't remember the price but I don't think it was $40 or more. It came with the gasket where the manifolds bolt to the heads as well as the gasket that sandwhiches between the exhuast and intake manifold.

EDIT: here is the kit. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...N-iqj6hZ9l39g?itemIdentifier=70063_78486_5064_ available for $12.99. I don't know what kind of car you had or if this is interchangable between years but for search paramater I used my own car. 1970 Dodge Dart 225/3.7L 1BBL inline six. Went to exhaust section under replacement parts and chose exhuast gasket.

BTW, here is a great article you can read through to tell you everything you need to know as far as which manifold you need and how to install them.

http://www.slantsix.org/articles/manifold-install/types-mounting.htm

And PS, try posting in the cars and car parts wanted section of this forum here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/forumdisplay.php?f=15

EXAMPLE:

WANTED: 1980-1986 exhaust manifold for slant six motor. No cracked units please. Don't care about paint, will powder coat upon purchase. Paypal only.

EDIT: Whoops! Didn't realize 66DVert referenced the SS.org article arleady lol!

http://www.fcrcmach.com/new-remflex-exhaust-gaskets-mopar-slant-6-22562256196083.html Any thoughts on this gasket? If its as good as it sounds should be my solution.

the remflex one is going on mine. I've seen others rave about it over on /6 website and even users on here recommend it. the previous rebuilds I've used the felpro gasket and it's ok but not as thick and forgiving as the remflex is supposed to be
and I don't want this one to leak or have to take it off once I get it on.
View attachment WP_20130414_012.jpg

and no I ain't leaving the controller on there. it's just that the easiest place to hide it from the wife so she doesn't switch channels on me when I'm out in the garage!

the remflex one is going on mine. I've seen others rave about it over on /6 website and even users on here recommend it. the previous rebuilds I've used the felpro gasket and it's ok but not as thick and forgiving as the remflex is supposed to be
and I don't want this one to leak or have to take it off once I get it on.
View attachment 1714611475

and no I ain't leaving the controller on there. it's just that the easiest place to hide it from the wife so she doesn't switch channels on me when I'm out in the garage!
And with how much that weighs, I wouldnt risk it not sealing either lol!

Still need a slanty exhaust manifold? I have one on the engine, I can check to see if it is still in good shape. Let me know if you do and I will look, thanks!

Attachments

• DSC07233.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 212
I think the choke pocket should be sealed on all slant six exhaust manifolds... Right?

I think the choke pocket should be sealed on all slant six exhaust manifolds... Right?
according to the dutra document there are 3 types one most of us see is the full side wall pocket that's cast into the manifold. another one the choke pocket has a section cut out of the cast wall to work with the later style choke,it still was a cast cup. not open to the exhaust. and the 3rd kind that had a hole that was cast into it for the choke pocked and had a stamped steel cup to seal it. that might be his problem with the steel cup leaking

here's a mini pic I found of that type View attachment open-choke-pocket.jpg

the cup is in the top of the picture. I haven't seen one of these in a while but they are out there.

to bad your not closer to chicago i just pull good running 6 from my 67 cuda for 8 swap with trans 100 bucks

-
Back