6 hour trip in my Barracuda

-

paulieocean

Reaction score
Went to NW Washington to get my Barracuda from my father. He has had it a few years to enjoy for his retirement (he was the original owner -- since new). Drove it back to Portland, OR.

Some thoughts.

Car ran extremely well. Cruised down I-5 at 65 mph without a problem. Got about 20mpg!

When I pushed it to 70, engine handled it fine, but there was a shake. I suspect a balance problem in the wheels.

My lower back isn't talking to me at the moment. These cars certainly don't necessarily have the lumbar support like my Honda!

I plan to enjoy the car now and take it to cruises in the Portland area.

Some pics from the trip:

2015-07-12%2011.48.35.jpg

2015-07-12%2012.33.34.jpg

2015-07-12%2013.34.42.jpg

Interior pic from earlier:
2011-11-26_08-12-58_112.jpg

That looks like an awesome drive!

8 or so weeks ago I bought my '68 notch-back in Eugene OR and drove it 900 miles down I5 to my place in Southern California.....really nice way to bond with my 'Cuda!

Great looking car you have there!

Thank you! You certainly went a lot further than I did! It was a good trip and a really great way to get to know a car again.

Thank you! You certainly went a lot further than I did! It was a good trip and a really great way to get to know a car again.

LOL....in a car I knew NOTHING about no less!
Beautiful drive up North there.....loved it!

So what are your plans for the car.....awesome to keep it in the family!

I plan to upgrade the braking system from 4 wheel drums to front discs. Definitely want to get rid of the single master cylinder setup. Aside from that, I hope to keep the car in a mostly stock configuration like it is now. It isn't a speed/drag car, but is a good cruiser.

Has a 273, .30 bored over with a holley 4 barrel, dual exhaust, new shocks, bushings, and tie rods, etc.

Car is pretty much restored. My dad kept it in incredible shape.

Is your 68 going to be restored or modified?

Good Luck with your new car. Here's a picture of mine. LOL

Attachments

• Barracuda1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 220
Great story! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

Sure wish my dad would have kept the 66 Barracuda he bought new.

-
Back