6 pack dart pictures?

-

SirDan

Reaction score
does anyone have any pictures of any 6 pack setups on small blocks? i "might" be getting one and im curious to where it sits heightwise and cool hood setups.

Here's a few pictures of my 6 Bbl. small block in my `68 Barracuda

TTI023-vi.jpg

If you go this route may I suggest the ProMax metering plate for the center carb, the jet-able end carb metering plates, and the angled idle screw base plate for the rear carb. It'll make dialing it all in VERY easy. And if you do use the Promax pieces, make sure you talk with Ben at Promax to steer you in the right direction for initial set-up as far as power valve, center jets, and end jetting.
TTI024-vi.jpg

Here's the Promax piece as I was installing them:
Barracuda453-vi.jpg

This is the "Performance Curve" center carb metering plate. I have a nice smooth transition with no flat spots.

Barracuda452-vi.jpg

This is the metering plates for the end carbs. From the factory they just drilled holes for the fuel. If you want to jet up, you drill some more. If you drill too much, your replacing the metering plates. These allow screw-in Holley jets making life easy.

Barracuda455-vi.jpg

Here you can see the angled idle screws in their throttle plates for the rear carb. The front factory base plate idle screws can be accessed once you pull out the lead plugs. Without these plates the rear carb must be removed in order to tweak the idle. The fuel bowl has the be ground a bit for screwdriver clearance. All it took was about an 1/8 of a turn at the corners to help smooth out the idle.

SANY0003-vi.jpg

The center metering plate, end plate conversions, and the rear throttle base plate will set you back about $300. Add in another $140 for their sweet braided fuel line set-up w/ fuel gauge. Not cheap, but it does work and the parts are nicely made from quality materials.

While a well set-up 4 barrel will be easier to tune and usually make more top-end power, there's nothing like a 6 Bbl. for the performance and visual appeal.

I forgot to mention, it all fits under the stock hood w/padding. 8)

WOW. thats all i can say. You just helped me so much here. that stuff is definatly the right way to go about turning these! that air cleaner looks pretty short. is that a factory peice with a low profile filter or something? just curious. im not sure what i want to do looks wise. im not sure if i should go with a hood scoop or some kind of shaker or hide it. just looking for ideas at the moment.

Here's a few pictures of my 6 Bbl. small block in my `68 Barracuda

TTI023-vi.jpg

If you go this route may I suggest the ProMax metering plate for the center carb, the jet-able end carb metering plates, and the angled idle screw base plate for the rear carb. It'll make dialing it all in VERY easy. And if you do use the Promax pieces, make sure you talk with Ben at Promax to steer you in the right direction for initial set-up as far as power valve, center jets, and end jetting.
TTI024-vi.jpg

Here's the Promax piece as I was installing them:
Barracuda453-vi.jpg

This is the "Performance Curve" center carb metering plate. I have a nice smooth transition with no flat spots.

Barracuda452-vi.jpg

This is the metering plates for the end carbs. From the factory they just drilled holes for the fuel. If you want to jet up, you drill some more. If you drill too much, your replacing the metering plates. These allow screw-in Holley jets making life easy.

Barracuda455-vi.jpg

Here you can see the angled idle screws in their throttle plates for the rear carb. The front factory base plate idle screws can be accessed once you pull out the lead plugs. Without these plates the rear carb must be removed in order to tweak the idle. The fuel bowl has the be ground a bit for screwdriver clearance. All it took was about an 1/8 of a turn at the corners to help smooth out the idle.

SANY0003-vi.jpg

The center metering plate, end plate conversions, and the rear throttle base plate will set you back about $300. Add in another $140 for their sweet braided fuel line set-up w/ fuel gauge. Not cheap, but it does work and the parts are nicely made from quality materials.

While a well set-up 4 barrel will be easier to tune and usually make more top-end power, there's nothing like a 6 Bbl. for the performance and visual appeal.
i like that set up very nice

The I bought entire set-up along with a parts car about 8 yrs. ago. This is how I got it....

6BBL-vi.jpg

I don't know what it originally came off of, and the guy I bought it from didn't know either. The base plate has been cut-down to the edge of the air filter, which is a standard height K & N with a standard factory lid, obviously painted body color.

I bought the entire set-up pictured for less than the price of the air cleaner assembly. Since then, I've replaced the carbs with reproductions and sold the numbers matching pieces and then add in the Promax mods.... All in all, I'm into my 6 Bbl. for about $1,100 complete. I had no intentions of going this route, but I couldn't pass it up.

Not to mention, nothing grabs eyeballs better then multi-carbs.
:-D

John, Your Cuda engine bay looks awesome. 8)

Here is my 340 6-pk Demon.....Carb setup is stock and no hood clearance issues. I don't have enough miles on the car yet to comment on performance. Still chasin' a few gremlins. ;) :smile:

Powder Coated Lid 002 (Small).jpg

Demon 6-6-09 001.jpg

John, Your Cuda engine bay looks awesome. 8)

Here is my 340 6-pk Demon.....Carb setup is stock and no hood clearance issues. I don't have enough miles on the car yet to comment on performance. Still chasin' a few gremlins. ;) :smile:

Thanks for the compliments guys! Ever since I heard Chip Foose use the analogy of the engine compartment being a jewelery box, I wanted to go with that style. But she does run, and I do lean on her once in a while.

6PK2GO: What type of gremlins you chasing? And while we're at it, it that your legal license plate on the front of that beautiful Demon of yours? It's the same theme as mine.....

SANY0011-vi.jpg

6PK2GO: What type of gremlins you chasing? And while we're at it, it that your legal license plate on the front of that beautiful Demon of yours? It's the same theme as mine.....

Thank you for the kudos.:) The front license plate is not real, but AZ only requires a rear plate to be legal. Have had it for many years when those were the actual AZ colors. This matches my rear plate too......:-D

As far as gremlins go......an oil leak, (I hate em). And a bit of wiring, just a lot of details that I guess go along w/ a resto. ;)

I'm sure you know the story.....:toothy10:

-
Back