6 pack hood on a 73 - 76 swinger

-

74swingerlover

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just pick up a six pack scoop for my 74.

Question is does anyone have measurements as to exactly where it is supposed to sit between the front and the back of the hood??

Also does anyone have a picture of the inside of the hood?? I would like to know how much metal to cut out of the hood is needed.

You put it wherever you think it looks good. All I did when I put my scoop on was I only cut the metal inside of the inner hood structure.

Looks nice. I was wonder what to do about the supports.... Looks much cleaner. Thanks!

How far is the back if the scoop to the back of the hood?

Looking at your pic, I am thinking that the back of the scoop should be lying across that back support??

I will measure for you here in a few, im about to wrap my hood scoop install today. I painted the underside lastnight.

Now on my scoop install, some of the holes I drilled went through the in er part of the hood and I had drill telhe underside of the hood supports bigger so my washer and nuts could go on my bolts

Cutting the hole, measuring and prepping this weekend. I'm thinking that I am going to cut out the entire triangle area similar to where you cut yours.

made a bit of room in the garage....... eager to get started!

I figure I might have to move it back a bit.

Attachments

• 370.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 349
  • 371.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 324
  • 372.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 373.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 336
Under hood prep and rust removal....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 288
Nice prep... A muscle car needs a statement,a hood scoop is the best one .

Question is now where do I place it?? Too far forward??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 236
Relax here. Do some research, via the "search" option,ask questions from members.

another issue I see is that the outside edges of the scoop seem to flare up a bit. I plan on putting fibreglass matting and resin down. Should I just put some under the raised part and then it should be fine when it gets sanded down?

Sorry, don't know bodywork that well

Now having the rib in the center of my hood, I cut a little out of the center front of the scoop so it would sit down on the hood.
Which you may have to do that as well before you lay mat down on your hood.

As for your "flipped" up edges so to speak, you may have to sand it how you want it and add mat inside the scoop and then add some fiberglass filler on the outiside to fix it. But maybe if you cut out for your rib in the center of the hood, it may sit down better.
I hope this helps

Yeah I cut down already for the center of the hood and it still seems to lift on the outside. I will try to sand it down some more on the inner edge. After that it should be scuffed up enough to get some matting in there. Then filler.

Should I go with a short strand filler or long strand for the first layer of filler?

-
Back