6 pack hood scoop?

-

Man-on-wheels

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

My brother and I are slowly but surely building of 1971 dodge dart street/strip car. I've always liked the look of a six pack hood scoop but I found this picture of a 1971 dodge dart that has a hood scoop similar to a six pack but it's much wider and a little taller and I really like the look of it!

Does anyone know if this is something that can be bought? Or if this is something that they custom made?

Thanks in advance for any information!

I hope that everyone is doing well and having a great day!
30382619-624-1971-Dodge-Dart-Drag-Car.jpg

You should probably need to know it is the 68 super stock style to order the correct scoop.

ON THAT car i'd prefer to see the six pack hood rather than the hemi style set for 68's or even id like that car with the double scoops but that would probably not comply with your set up.

i vote six pack hood!

Last edited:
Thank you all for the input... I appreciate it! I've never cared for the snorkel scoops Big-B-Barracuda but the six pack hood scoop would look nice. However, I still like the super stock better! We haven't quite decided on how rowdy of a 440 we're going to build, if we decide to make it a high compression, big solid roller camshaft with Indy cylinder heads then we will most likely be using a tunnel ram. If that's the case then we'll just cut a hole in the hood because I don't like those huge snorkel scoops that are large enough to cover a tunnel ram.

Because of money issues the engine is going to have to wait until after the first of the year. For now we're concentrated on the car. I recently ordered an 8 point roll cage, a leaf spring relocation kit and prefabricated wheel tubs. Also, my friend that's going to do all of the welding for us just picked up a 1974 dodge dart sport that has the big bolt pattern disc brake setup on the front and I've already traded him out of it so while he has the car he's going to install the roll cage, relocate the springs, install the larger wheel tubs and convert the front brakes to disk.

Then we're going to get strange axles with the big bolt pattern and get the wheels ordered. We're going to order a set of these vision nitro sport star pro wheels. The back ones are 15X8" with a 5.5" back spacing and the front ones are 15X4". I think they look pretty nice for $120 each shipped.

Anyways, thank you all again! I hope that everyone has a great day!

!BtPLUD!EWk~$(KGrHqIH-DgEvqeouWfBBL7FUrzeHw~~_35.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everybody,

My brother and I are slowly but surely building of 1971 dodge dart street/strip car. I've always liked the look of a six pack hood scoop but I found this picture of a 1971 dodge dart that has a hood scoop similar to a six pack but it's much wider and a little taller and I really like the look of it!

Does anyone know if this is something that can be bought? Or if this is something that they custom made?

Thanks in advance for any information!

I hope that everyone is doing well and having a great day!View attachment 1714957006
I just bought one for my 69 Fish. Tremndous quality and cheap from a mom and pop shop.
Items in rgclmc77 store on eBay!

I just bought One for my 69 Fish. Tremndous quality and cheap from a mom and pop shop.
Items in rgclmc77 store on eBay!
Very nice, Mike69barracuda! Those look great for a great price! I appreciate that but we've abandoned our Dart project, it ended up having too much rust. We haven't decided if we're going to try to find another car or use the money that we have to go ahead and build the engine. The problem is that my brother is just too busy! He's in the process of trying to find a different job, one that will give him a little more free time. I sure hope that he finds something!

-
Back