-
Status
Not open for further replies.

monkstur

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
The carbs are List 4790 with a date code of 2955 which should be October of 1975, 1985, or 1995 if I understand it right.
These carbs are correct for the 340 6 pack but will work on a big block.

Carburetors are in good working condition with a rebuild less than one year ago. I have them listed on ebay as well. Asking $450 + shipping. PM me if you have a need.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

4790 is the rear carb for a 1970 340 six pack. 4789 would be the front carb.

I totally agree they will work on both ends. Metering plate is different on the front carb. But no biggie.

2955 is August 30, 1970...
Well that's interesting. Where are you getting that? If that's so, they could well be original carbs, they do still have the lead plugs in them. I'm not sure when they quit sealing them but I know the new carbs don't have them any more.
This is where I took my information:
Holley Date Codes.

10,000 day calendar, that is what Chrysler always used to date parts. They could be original carbs but not production carbs put on a T/A or AAR as the production stopped around August 1, 1970. Could be the elusive 71 T/A carbs...

10,000 day calendar, that is what Chrysler always used to date parts. They could be original carbs but not production carbs put on a T/A or AAR as the production stopped around August 1, 1970. Could be the elusive 71 T/A carbs...
Hmmm

I am assuming that since they were Mopar carbs they used the 10,000 day calendar, of course if those are the Holley date code numbers then I would be wrong, not the first time...

I am assuming that since they were Mopar carbs they used the 10,000 day calendar, of course if those are the Holley date code numbers then I would be wrong, not the first time...
Either way, the are 4790 carbs, ready to rock and roll

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back