/6 performance parts and sites

-

joe440

Reaction score
hey guys im going to be freshening up my /6 for the summer and was just wondering if any of you know a few good sites that haves parts or more preferably bolt on performance parts for them. Thanks, Joe

Check out Slantsix.org There is lots of info about upping the performance of a slant six. 4 bbl manifolds, headers/Dutra Duals, camshafts and big valves for the head. There have been a few that spray nitrous on a slant sit they take well up to about 125-150 hp with stock pistons. My friends Barracuda went 11.42 before he had an accident towing the car.

Here a picture of my slant six in its current configuration. I run Dutra Duals they are a cast header.

P1010263.jpg

I used to have a turbo on the car (ya I know no inter cooler) It worked well up to about 8lbs of boost.

P1010142.jpg

To bad you werent closer to Cali, I have a complete ported head, with over size valves,springs, etc for sale.

faucet pics 404.jpg

faucet pics 406.jpg

Pentastar Parts and Restorations out of Australia, however has really pleasant customer service...too bad shipping to the states is obscenely pricey. As far as other performance goodies, there are group buys over at slantsix.org.

Can recommend Performance Auto Warehouse in California for re-build kits for the 225. They carry 2 grinds Comp Cams for the /6. Ma Mopar makes a few goodies, too.

Good Guy Alert! My 73 /6 had a carb that was a collection of vacuum leaks, 3rd world engineering at its worst, and a no-shot accelerator pump. I took a chance and ordered from AutoZone On-Line. I got a Holley reman for $165 plus a $35 core charge. The carb came jetted correctly and with a the correct kickdown lever. There was a cotter pin missing on the choke linkage, that I harvested off the out bound item. The carb came with a new manifold gasket, but I needed to get the air cleaner gasket off the old one. I had to make a minor adjustment to the idle mixture screw. Other than that, it was a clean replacement, start to finish 25 minutes.

DSCN2117s.JPG

-
Back