600HP 5.7 Hemi 75 Duster project

-
they have been arroundfor a while but in the the world of message boards no one that i know of has used them. they say 0 failures under 500 Horse Power, but ill bea little over that with the current motor. I am planning on stroking the 5.7 out to 392, and adding a 400 shot of nitrous later. so it will not come close to handleing the power i plan on making. so its going to be 727 all the way. the trans i have is a buildable core, so once it is done being used for mock up. the trans will be built to handle toe stroker, and i am wanting to start that build as soon as the car is completed. (hopefully it will be completed in October)

the truck computer will still rin the motor without the trans hooked up. It will have a check engine light on for trans error codes, but it will run just fine. And seeing how I won't havea light to look at it will not be a problem. It will still pass emissions just fine.

even with an auto? thats cool. do you have to deal with abs and wheel speed sensors?

even with an auto? thats cool. do you have to deal with abs and wheel speed sensors?
it sould be cool to add ABS to the duster, but its not going to happen on my budget. lol the motor will run you will just get sensor errors, I would assume ill let you know more once i get there. im sure ill end up with a 10 page list of error codes, but that will getworked though. it might be as simple as pluggin in the sensor and putting it someplace out ofthe way. we will see. that is the advantage of havingthe whole truck to get any needed parts from.

I remember reading (but can't find it right now) that Inertia Motorsports is working on a wiring harness and ECU Flash combination which would eliminate all of these fault codes, for a reasonable price.

Just a minor correction to what you said 2nd prime actually makes the 545RFE into a 6 speed. The 45RFE is the same trans but the computer doesn't use 5th.
The 545RFE gear ratios are:
1st 3.00:1
2nd 1.67:1
2nd Prime 1.50:1
3rd 1.00:1
4th 0.75:1
5th 0.67:1
Reverse 3.00:1

got the sub frame connectors in I'll have pics up tomarrow. They still need to have a liitle work done to get the sheet metal sealed back up but the look good for the few hours that we spent on them

like the TT idea ive actualy recently been looking at the TT setup for my duster.

well all my predictions have been shot down. It's amazing how fast a few months goes by. I'll post some pics later tonight. It seems that life happens and the car got put on the back burner, but I have been moving forward. After dinner I'll post pics.

a couple of the subframe connectors. ill ave plenty more tomarrow

Attachments

• CIMG0132.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 348
  • CIMG0135.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 333
  • CIMG0081.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 375
yeah you are correct. my home pc is done getting a virus cleaned out, ill pick it up today. and post a few more in the next few days.

I will be keepin an eye on this to see the progress. Future plans for a 5.7 hemi swap

I'll update the progress tomarrow. It seems that o keep moving forward just alot slower than I would like.

-
Back