61-62 Lancer question

-

DennisH

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but how do I tell a 2 door sedan from a hardtop in a picture with the door closed? I may be in the market for one before winter but I want a sedan.

Thanks

Dennis

a sedan will have a door frame around the glass-- a hardtop will not-- just google the car in question & some pics should pop up, Lawrence

Here are the differences: Hardtop, no posts on doors, Sedan, post for window tracks.

Attachments

• 62_2_Door_Hardtop.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 62_Gold_CA.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 183
you posted hardtops. you roll down the front and back windows and there is nothing there but air. do same with sedans and there is a steel post there. hopes that helps. if ya find a sedan ( referred to as post car) and gotta have a hardtop. let me know, I would love to own a toad!!

To specifically answer your question, YES, both of your picture are of Lancer 2dr sedans. The picture of the Black car posted by Hyperpak is a Hardtop. Barbee is incorrect that the pics you posted are hardtops. Visually another way of verifying which body type these cars might be is that on sedans the rear edge of the door and divider post is angled forward at the top while on a hardtop the similar line is angled more rearward at the top. While my explanation in words may not be to good, if you compare the pics you posted with the one Hyperpak posted you'll see the difference.

Thanks everyone. I noticed the different angle after Hyperpak posted one of each, and thanks to valiant patrol for confirming.

Barbee, I want a post car but don't have room right now, I have a big B body I need to get rid of first. Both those cars I posted are on CL, PM me if you want the links to the ads.

Dennis

sorry, I didn't mean to sound totally ignorant, but on the toads that's one mopar I've never had ( would like on though). I was lookin for the post between the windows, that angle of window is good way to tell for sure.

Road Toads, just slang for cars that a lot of folks don't really care for the styling.

"Hardtop" is one of those words, like "fastback," that confuses many people. A little history helps here: A hardtop was originally a solid "shell" attached to a convertible to weatherproof it during the winter--so, a car with a permanent metal roof that had the same look became known as a "hardtop."

You know a car is a hardtop if you wind down all the side windows, and there's nothing but empty space between the vent-window frame and the C-pillar on each side.

I call um roadtoads but no disrespect intended. I l;ike the etc.... lot of us mopar guys are pulled toward the unique!!?? LOL

-
Back