62 Dodge Lancer torsion bar

-

kungfupanda

Reaction score
Hello, I am a first time poster and a new 62 Lancer owner, as a matter of fact I have not picked the car up yet. I was hoping I could get advice on the best place to purchase parts. My friend who is selling it to me said he closed the door, heard a pop & the vehicle dropped down. I believe he thinks it is one of the torsion bars. I want to make it a daily driver again, not racing or anything special, just inexpensive & reliable. Where are some of the best places for these parts? Thanks!

Im in the process of doing a coilover conversion on my 62 valiant and will be removing the Tbars if you can find new ones and are intrested in some used ones drop me a pm

Not to rain on your parade but check out the mounts of the t bar before you start buying parts. In fact thoroughly check the. A rout then make your want list. Welcome Lawrence

Thanks guys. I should have the car at my house by the first of April. So I'll get a closer look then. Btw, are the torsion bars different for a 64 Barracuda with an 8 cyl., as opposed to my 1962 Lancer with a 170?

-
Back