62 GT Questions

-

matthon

Reaction score
So I know this guy who has what I believe is a 62 Lancer GT.
It's been sitting outside a long time.

I looked at it briefly, but it's stuck in my head and I can find a pic of a 62 but not of a 62 GT.

I recall a cool, odd, GT emblem on the hood, and at least one other GT emblem.

Hardtop, white on red, a rusted out floor and the quarters were rusty too.

Probably a 6 cyl, buckets, and pushbutton?

Parts are probably scarce? Floor pan available?

Anyone have a pic of a 62 GT?

It's not exactly close, he probably has no ppwk, iirc he wants too much, but there it is, stuck in my head.

The only crappy pic I have of it below.

20190403_005921.jpg

does not look like a GT from that photo....little trim missing if it is....at least I cannot make it out in this photo yes it will have LancerGT callouts on forward top of each front fender...should also have bucket seats so that seems correct....I have 62 here that is at best a parts car...

Last edited:
Here are a few. Slant, could be push button, GT should have buckets. BUY IT!
GT_Badge.jpg
62LancerGTemblem.jpg

I recall an emblem across the front edge of the hood, centered, but I could be wrong.

Yes, it does have buckets.

This does as well, in better shape, blue on blue. I took my friend back to buy it, trailer and all, and the guy couldn't find the ppwk, so he passed. Shoved behind junk, hard to get a pic.

No pics of a complete 62 GT?

20180923_114910.jpg

Ha - I just searched and that pic came right up, and many other.
I searched at work and I forget they have filters and whatnot that block stuff, GT must be offensive in some way.

She looks happy.
Black on red looks sweet.
Wagon looks crazy cool.

1962-Dodge-Lancer-GT-550x301.jpg

DSC020201.jpg

1962-Dodge-Lancer-Wagon-rear-view.jpg

They probably associate G with G spot. LMAO

That wagon is very much the trick....hard to find....even harder to find in a half decent condition...with the right wheels that one would really pop. Thanks for posting

No GT Wagons. It might be a 770 or 170 Series. A 770 had a black insert in that trunk emblem. They always fall out and the casting says, 170.

-
Back