-
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-c-c

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This is the deal. I have 62 Lancer GT, years back I was not able to locate any lightweight body components. I have experience with FG and CF for many decades.
So I built my own mold for hand lay up. First Lancer hood, had a few blemishes, weighed 11lbs? I sold it with full disclosure and buyer seemed happy. It is pictured here. Built another and corrected the issues.
The problem now is I am adding an intercooler exhaust vent to the mold, so no more stock hoods soon will ever be available from me. I don't intend to make this a business, availability will be limited, and I am retired.
So if you want one speak up, hoods must be painted, as UV epoxy is rather costly and I don't get anal about the fabric orientation for looks, I include an internal layer of kevlar 5.5oz and sandwich foam for thickness. There is no fiberglass whatsoever. I have little interest in doing FG, those days are behind me. These are race items need minor prep for painting and are for pinned retention. Current CF pricing Lancer hood $850 + shipping or PU, approx 4 week delivery

Ask also about 62 Lancer custom CF trunks for around $600.

Hood IMG_8451.jpg

Hood Underside IMG_8449.JPG

Last edited:
I'd like to, years back would be no problem. The clock is ticking for me. I only have time for my own stuff, but thought I would share with others that were interested.
I discovered how beneficial CF is a decade back, and I really like it for so many reasons. Surprised how much hesitation their is to incorporate CF. Its biggest downside is of course cost.
I suspect once more end users mimic my DIY solution, vendors will reconsider their CF hesitation.

Last edited:
70-72 duster and demon(dart) parts would be way cool...and I would pony up for em.

70-72 duster and demon(dart) parts would be way cool...and I would pony up for em.
I have a 72 Swinger that might need some FG or CF fenders. Do those fit?
Fender molds take twice the effort, and since they are available currently, they are way down on my list to, or just buy them outright from a vendor in FG.
No promises on that solution from me, yet.
I do have scheduled though early 2024 a CF Cuda E body roof skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back