24) door pin
25) steel wheel replacement
26) front passenger wheel bearings
27) greased/adjusted steering box
28) bulbs
29) vacuum tree cap
30) wiper blades

i THINK that's it...
some of those things seem minor, trust me, they were NOT...the smallest things caused us the worst problems. next on the project list is:

steering box
front right wheel drum
front end alignment
leaf springs (6'ers)
disc brake conversion
floor pan
exhaust manifold gasket
compression test
rebuild fuel line (to stock placement)
gas sending unit
ammeter
body work/paint

...and as soon as i don't hear any more funky noises....stereo!

we'll be doing a pull and rebuild eventually, but she runs fantastic as she is, and that's something that has to be scheduled in for a school break, since this is my daily runner. a few pics, starting with the engine as she was when i bought her:

81720020.jpg

and current (yes i know, still a dirty mess but, SO much better!):

lolaengineaugust.jpg

81720016.jpg

from lola, our three cars:

mopars03.jpg

from emma, our three cars:

mopars01.jpg

rear ends:

mopars02.jpg

marylin:

marylingetsherheadoutofherass.jpg

Welcome!

Sweet Lancer. Where did you score it? Don't know how it got by me:angry7:
We're doing a v8 conversion on one now so if you get sick of looking at those body lines, I've got a spot in my yard for it:toothy10:

Nice to see that you posted pictures of my Marilyn and Emma, Now to get my *** out to the garage and finish up the rear end rebuild in Emma.

we've been through way too much with lola for me to ever even think about getting rid of her...not that i would have in the first place! my first car was a '49 plymouth special deluxe, and after 19 years, i finally got myself back into something i love even more.

i got her off the wildcat wrecking yard lot, they have since scrapped several of these (and kept a bunch of c & d bodies that were rusted out and unsalvagable...go figure!). drove up there for their pre-scrap pick n pull with my 67 valiant that had just had a wee fender bender with a very large truck, i got a $1200 ins. settlement out of that, and when i was driving the val up to get parts at wildcat, she dropped her spider gears, completely blew out rear, and had rod knock real bad, so i did a trade-in for the lancer on the spot and drove lola home that day....i wasn't going to get anywhere with the valiant anyhow, she was a goner. at least her settlement covered the cost of the lancer, i got lola for $1,100 all said and done. the pic i am using was taken the day i bought her.

it has been an epic journey ever since.

what type of valve cover gasket did you use & where did youget your new wiper blades from? I have a 62 Lancer and was curious which ones you used. Thanks, Bea

thanks...right now the 62 lancer is my primary, driving a 76 dodge long bed truck when she's down for repairs.

i got the blades at napa or something, 13 inchers, but you have to cut 'em down for my size wipers. i also have to stick something in the blade to open it enough to hit all the spots on my window. but that's something else. can't remember on the valve gasket, pretty standard though. i have to get my valves done so i'll be getting another VCG.

-
Back