62 Push button Transmision Removal

-

38 Dodge

Reaction score
Hey I'm getting ready to pull the motor and transmission out of the Grocery Getter; its my 62 Wagon and I have never messed with a push button trans before I was under teh car last night getting everything ready to pull but I wanted to make sure I dont screw anything up. So the parking and shifter cables need to be removed are there any secrets to this process I know one cable has a round adjustable wheel and the other is mounted to what looks like a valve assembly how are these two cables removed?
Thanks
FABO

you need to get a FSM, the shifter cable can come off the shifter assembly, or if your remove the star wheel -- the connection is a spring loaded, supposed to push a flat blade & it will release. remove the neutral safety switch (never had much luck with that)
the park cable will come off the shifter assembly -- but usually the crimped bracket causes problems -- so I remove it from the tranny with the small housing & let it hang., take pictures & I hope your nimble,
Lawrence

I got the cables unhooked realyl was not that hard. All I did was pull the pan and the shifter cable was right there, I unbolted the parking brake assy but I think the parking cable is bad, the coil on the end of the cable was all unfrayed I will get pictures tomorrow to let everyone see, I will be pulling out the motor and tranny tomorrow afternoon so will keep everyone osted with pictures

Hey 38 Dodge, I was wondering if you have any pics of your transmission that you could post?
Thanks

I will try and get some tonight after work. Is there anything in particular you are looking for?

Yo, I was wondering if you could post a pic of where the "park" cable goes. At least thats what I think it is, just below/behind where the speedo drive goes in. Did you just unbolt the entire assembly or does that cable come out some how? I am in the process of pulling a 904 push button out of a 64' valiant.

Thanks,
GammaRay

-
Back