62 Valiant Complete

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The market is to small for these cars. It is probably THE most underappreciated car in automotive history. Agree its not a '62. Door panel pattern and trim lead me to believe its a 1960. Hey Dan, what clues make you say its late production versus early. Just curious. Just shipping it to AZ would be $1200. If he's scrapping it that's another $300. $1500 in a car that needs a $7000 paint/interior/other. Thats $8500 in a car, excluding several hundred hours of labor that will "sell" (worth can never be realistically determined) for $3000 if your lucky. The economics are a killer. Sad to see another one go to automotive heaven.

Taillights and front end identify it as a '60-'61. Side trim identifies it as a '60 V200. Outer ring only (no inner ring) on "spare tire" trunk lid and lack of "shark fin" ornaments atop front fenders identify it as late-production.

I sent a pm to a fabo member who lives in Idaho, don't know if he has contacted the seller yet, lot's of buyers for the parts off that one & if he's scrapping it why not? it will save other peoples projects & maybe give him some project money to boot!! Lawrence

I coudn't agree more vdart. Thanks dan for the clarification. I've got it bad for a wagon, but not a four door.

Attachments

• IMG_0477_1.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0475.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 220
True!....I hope someone saves it! Damn...I can't think of a cooler commuter car. I'd put an overdrive A-833 in it. And red interiors rock.

That is a very nice '62 valiant Roy. You have every reason to be proud of your ride. But if one isn't enough, and you've got some spare cash, there's this one in Idaho.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back