62 Valiant tire size options?

-

nevjr

Reaction score
what are the biggest wheel and tire combos that fit the stock wheel wells in a stock 62 valiant? ill be going to an alterk front end and want to approximate factory ride height as my area is full of speed humps and i dont want to rub

I'm thinking it would be the same as my 63 Valiant, I ran 215 60 r 14 on the front and 245 60 r 14's on the rear. This was on some stock ralley wheels, and I don't even remember if the rims on the back were wider than the front ones.

I ran 235 or 245 /60/14 on the rear of a 62 valiant with no issues once I installed new leaf springs(old ones would cause tire rub on bumps)
There is a lot of room on the rear of those things-- much like a duster. Lawrence

I believe 205/70/14 would rub on the front in a tight turn./

Attachments

• IMG_7443.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 104
On the rear you can easily put a 245-60-14 or a 235-60-15 without much problem. On the front '60-'62 cars are different that '63 and later (that another poster mentioned) in that the front fender, in front of the front wheel, rolls under the car farther and into the tires way. Because of this wheel offset is critical when choosing an oversize tire. You can use a 205-60-14 on the front of one these cars on wheels with a factory offset. Any deeper wheel and they typically rub this front part of the fender as VDART suggested. If your going to run deeper wheels you may have to drop down a size or two, or use 50 series tires if ride quality isn't an issue.

-
Back