Status
Not open for further replies.

SlantSicknessDart63

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey FABO.
I have a 63 Dart GT convertible without a drivetrain. So, ideally, I'm looking for...
225 slant six/pushbutton 904 combo and
Drive shaft to drop in and make it go.
Or...
Everything to make a 80s 318/727 work.
Motor mounts, 64-66 V8 K member, dropped center link, and floor shifter.
Let me know what you have and what you're asking.
Thanks everyone.

Just so you know, the K frame for an early A is the same whether it is for a slant 6 or a V8. Only '67 and later used different K frames.
A '63 will require heater box modifications/deletion to make room for a V8.

Last edited:
the 63 was never designed for a V8 so there's a little more fiddly-ness to get a V8 and 727 in there.

the seam in the firewall with need to get flattened out to fit the 727 bellhousing. along with some massage work on the upper wall near the heater/wiper bump out.

you'll need to change out your rod operated accelerator pedal and linkage for cable operated. cut the trans cross member to fit the extra pipe for the V8 or run it as a Y ahead of the mount. at that point i'd just poke up thru the floor and run a aftermarket shifter for the 727.

exhaust wise, good headers are gonna be loot (dougs, TTI) or the sanderson shorties should work-- i'm not 100% of fitment with a 727, but they do with 904. or, some combo of exhaust manifolds, ideally stock V8, but likely magnum mix-n-match or some such.

you'll need to update the radiator to match the in/out of the waterpump (lower hose) and upper hose (t-stat). you may need to swap the oil pan, depending on what you've got on there.

PF is correct in the K member's being the same. and yeah, you'll need mounts and the dropped centerlink.

the 63 was never designed for a V8 so there's a little more fiddly-ness to get a V8 and 727 in there.

the seam in the firewall with need to get flattened out to fit the 727 bellhousing. along with some massage work on the upper wall near the heater/wiper bump out.

you'll need to change out your rod operated accelerator pedal and linkage for cable operated. cut the trans cross member to fit the extra pipe for the V8 or run it as a Y ahead of the mount. at that point i'd just poke up thru the floor and run a aftermarket shifter for the 727.

exhaust wise, good headers are gonna be loot (dougs, TTI) or the sanderson shorties should work-- i'm not 100% of fitment with a 727, but they do with 904. or, some combo of exhaust manifolds, ideally stock V8, but likely magnum mix-n-match or some such.

you'll need to update the radiator to match the in/out of the waterpump (lower hose) and upper hose (t-stat). you may need to swap the oil pan, depending on what you've got on there.

PF is correct in the K member's being the same. and yeah, you'll need mounts and the dropped centerlink.
Thanks for the info. I'll be running stock manifolds. They seem to fit by the power steering just fine.

I'm not worried about keeping it looking stock. So aftermarket floor shifter will work.

This will be a long distance driver for me, GA to OH every September. I was considering a 383 from a 66 Polara at a local yard to alleviate the firewall issue. He was willing to let the car go for rather cheap. But I'm not not sure I'm willing to drop to 14 mpg for the long hauls.

Thanks for the info. I'll be running stock manifolds. They seem to fit by the power steering just fine.

I'm not worried about keeping it looking stock. So aftermarket floor shifter will work.

This will be a long distance driver for me, GA to OH every September. I was considering a 383 from a 66 Polara at a local yard to alleviate the firewall issue. He was willing to let the car go for rather cheap. But I'm not not sure I'm willing to drop to 14 mpg for the long hauls.
Overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back